Major holding call missed against Dallas.(MERGEAPALOOZA)). (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I can't remember who made the hold, or who was held, but, on the Miles Austin run for the Cowgirls' first TD.. There was a major hold on one of our guys who could have tackled him before he broke free. Anyone remember what players were involved, or remember the play that I'm talking about?

I think the refs missed a BUNCH of holding calls.. especially on Dallas' o-line.

Travis

I can't remember who made the hold, or who was held, but, on the Roy Williams run for the Cowgirls' first TD.. There was a major hold on one of our guys who could have tackled him before he broke free. Anyone remember what players were involved, or remember the play that I'm talking about?

I think the refs missed a BUNCH of holding calls.. especially on Dallas' o-line.

Travis
witten on jenkins.

austin carrying.

witten on jenkins.

austin carrying.

Yeah.. It was Austin. I think Jenkins would have definitely caught him had he not been held. The hold was so blatant.. It looked like Witten was trying to hang Jenkins up on a towel hook by his jersey! :idunno:

Even the biased commentators made a comment about how he "got away with one". Ya' think?!

Yeah, to be honest, the refs in that game sucked.

No kidding, just a few blown calls I can remember -

Witten's blatant hold uncalled.

Multiple Pass Interference penalties went uncalled.

The Cowboys play clock expiring what was it twice?

Uncalled Cowboys false starts.

The fumbled punt that was kicked.

Were the Cowboys incapable of being penalized?

Sure seemed like it..

On the flip side, I think we played pretty clean ball. I don't remember any PI calls against us, or anything major. :)

i've been reading on here all night about that hold, and I totally believed that there was one, although, to be honest I didn't catch it live.

I just saw the highlights, finally, on NFL network, and they showed it a couple times and said that witten got away with not a hold, but a mugging. That is putting it mildly.

They also said that Williams didn't lose the game, that the defense as a whole allowed drew to drive it 90 yards and score easily, and then the offense got the ball back with time to tie or win and couldn't do it. I thought those were excellent points.

It didn't come down to one play, on either side. Props to our guys for hanging in and doing what needed to be done! How sad we would be right now if our team as a whole quit. Just like one guy didn't lose it for Dallas, one guy didn't win it for us.
I'm proud of our whole team!

I also recall a blatant face mask no-call against one of the Dallas o-line guys.. I think it was Ellis who was trying to round the corner to get to Kitna, and was held up by his face mask for a good 2-3 seconds.

Well, we can say that our guys didn't play at full potential the entire game, had a TON of missed calls that could have been game changers, and yet, we STILL pulled it off. :)

Travis

The way Witten threw up his hands after finally letting go should've been an indication to the refs that he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. I can't imagine how steamed I'd be if we had lost this game. Good thing I don't have to. Glad to see us play well enough to overcome the stupidity of the refs.

No one mentioned the 3 pts the refs also gave the girls right before the half. Kitna overthrew his receiver and the ball sailed out of bounds with 4 seconds left. The refs threw a flag on A Brown for hands to the face. Moved them 5 yards up from a 58 yard fg to a 53 which he made. Only problem was that Doug Free grabbed Will Smith by the facemask and pulled him down on the opposite side during that play. What Free did was a lot worse than what Brown had done yet we got penalized and the girls got 3 pts out of it. Aikman even stated that they got a away with a major hold on that play. Refs were just downright horrible this game.

Don't forget about when Alex Brown was called for illegal use of the hands, while on the same play Will Smith was getting blatantly facemasked...

I saw all these blown calls and more. Let's face it. The fix was in, but Malcom Jenkins fixed the fix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom