Major League Baseball 2023 (1 Viewer)

I’ve got the Angels playing about 5 miles from my house. I’m going to try and get out to see Trout and Ohtani a few times this season. It’s crazy that they have arguably the two best players in the game and struggle to get to .500 each season. Oh well.

HATE the "speed it up, boys" rule changes and the elimination of the shift. Let the players play and let managers scheme. It's a GAME, let people play it. Stop trying to homogenize it into an assembly belt line.

Also just lost all respect for Bryan Cranston who's doing propaganda spots for the Commissioner about how the new rules eliminating the shift and making players work faster makes the game better. I hope he was well paid. He probably doesn't even watch baseball. :mad1:

Last edited:
White Sox at Astros on ESPN. Dylan Cease looks great so far. I can't tell if Valdez is pitching well for Houston, or if the Sox are being themselves.

Early game times.

TB vs DET 2:14
MIN vs KC 2:32
NY vs SF 2:33 and this game included 32(!!!!) strikeouts.
TOR vs STL played 3:30ish but that game was 10-9.
MIL vs CHC 2:21

IMO, pace of play is the #1 thing to improve and "way too early" returns look promising.

Not fond of the shift elimination. Not sure why it's MLB's problem that left handed sluggers cant go opposite field, but here we are.

Cubs pitcher Marcus Stroman gets the first pitch count violation.

I haven't watched MLB in quite a few years. I tuned in to check out the new rules stuff. I actually liked the pace of the pitching. I can certainly see how people would fuss about the rule changes, but I find it easier to tune in when the game is a bit faster pace.

Post game, I downright despise the pitching clock. The whole game felt rushed.

I'd have been even more unhappy if I was at the game. Why are you trying to get us out of the park as fast as you can? As a fan, I go to the park to enjoy the game, not see how fast I can leave.

New rules are great.
Also great is the Brewers taking the series against the Cubs and now laying one on the Mets.
The young guys are getting it done.

At the Astros game tonight, game doesn’t feel any longer or shorter than normal

Game time was 2:35

Last edited:
Brewers young bats continue to thrive early on.
Whats crazy is that the best of the bunch is also ready/thriving in AAA--Sal Frelick.
And the #1 prospect in all of baseball is a freshly turned 19 yr old, Jackson Chourio already in AA after a great spring with the big club. If the pitching can hold up, they will hang this year.
Braves look great and so do the Rays.
Been a fun first week+

Early game times.

TB vs DET 2:14
MIN vs KC 2:32
NY vs SF 2:33 and this game included 32(!!!!) strikeouts.
TOR vs STL played 3:30ish but that game was 10-9.
MIL vs CHC 2:21

IMO, pace of play is the #1 thing to improve and "way too early" returns look promising.

Not fond of the shift elimination. Not sure why it's MLB's problem that left handed sluggers cant go opposite field, but here we are.
I don't get the shift elimination either. Ted Williams one of the greatest hitters of all time was a dead pull hitter.
He played against the shift his entire career and did ok.

I don't get the shift elimination either. Ted Williams one of the greatest hitters of all time was a dead pull hitter.
He played against the shift his entire career and did ok.
The shift has not been eliminated--just curtailed so that you can't move the entire side of the field over to the other side. Teddy and other old time players never had to deal with stuff like that, it was more shading to one side. Teams got way outta hand in recent years and it's been reined in now.
I love all the running we are seeing so far.
Also the biggest news might be that the happy fun ball from 2019 seems to be back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom