Major League Beasball 2K8 Vid.....Full 9 innings (1 Viewer)

Good News antipop, altho I have to warn you, you may enjoy the new style of gameplay so much The Show dosen't do it for ya (happened to me). I should have tried them vice versa.

Ovenmitt, I am sorry to hear that, have you tried shuting one or two of the new features off, or going back to last years hit stick. Because they let you, its in the VIP setting not the regular ones. If you like last years hit stick, just make it that. Might save you the time and trouble of a returning it if you do enjoy everything else but that. if you just don't like any of it, well get rid of it, no point having a game you don't enjoy, my brother did the same.

I happen to love the new controls, but i like you struggled with them all at first. See I like to win, so me learning them all at once while losing was not an option. I learned one at a time and now an confident in all aspects that I am on it with normal settings (all star rating of course) and I feel quite comfortable with the much needed change in gameplay. It will take me another week to get truly used to it and a month to master (well so be it) that just tacks on to the quality gaming time I have for it. After I master it will be about 8 months straight of my time, well untill NCAA comes out in july... so about 4 months. But I have that much more time enjoying it.

I was a fan of it, what didn't ya like just the hitting, also contact swing is just hold it back and when the pitch comes let the stick go, power swing is pull the stick back, but push through straight up for the power. It has worked fine for me, I like it better than the press "x" for contact, and press "[ ]" for power. When its the exact same animation for both.

if its just the swing just shut it off, or revert it to last years and you will enjoy the past style you like most.

I like to play ranked games online. You cant change the settings. If you go to simple its just like last year but the games aren't ranked.

I like the controls but when I pull back on the Hit Stick at bat on the X360 version and let go nothing happens! I have to push through to make it register.

I read some more on the Hit Stick and many people are saying it's a typo. You have to time and push through on each pitch. You also need to learn were to move the stick to make the best contact. So great job 2K on making that clear with a bare bones manuel.

I read some more on the Hit Stick and many people are saying it's a typo. You have to time and push through on each pitch. You also need to learn were to move the stick to make the best contact. So great job 2K on making that clear with a bare bones manuel.

Hey now that a cheap shot..i am 1000 percent sure that the show says its R1 to adavcnce runners in the book and that is 100 percent false. Its L1 and that dosen't even work sometimes. So wheres the post knocking the Show, hell its printed in thier manuel and its wrong!!!! I have worked it fine on the hit stick, its more difficult than in the past but it works, and if it dosen't for ya get a new controller cause its broken, or just switch it if you don't like it. Show provides no such options and in the book it 100% says r1 is adavance runner and thats 100 percent false. Stop taking cheap shots because i will turn into 2K fan boy in like the time it takes to switch outfits in a telephone booth. and torch both games because I have them both at my finger tips mwhahhahahahahahah.

Hey now that a cheap shot..i am 1000 percent sure that the show says its R1 to adavcnce runners in the book and that is 100 percent false. Its L1 and that dosen't even work sometimes. So wheres the post knocking the Show, hell its printed in thier manuel and its wrong!!!! I have worked it fine on the hit stick, its more difficult than in the past but it works, and if it dosen't for ya get a new controller cause its broken, or just switch it if you don't like it. Show provides no such options and in the book it 100% says r1 is adavance runner and thats 100 percent false. Stop taking cheap shots because i will turn into 2K fan boy in like the time it takes to switch outfits in a telephone booth. and torch both games because I have them both at my finger tips mwhahhahahahahahah.

If you were trying to confuse me you done a good job.

If you were trying to confuse me you done a good job.

Yeah, drinking and posting is never any good. Sorry bout that lol.

Was basicly say who cares about the manual, and typo's. I have seen alot of them wrong in all games not just 2K ones. My advice is to go into the hitting tutorial and they explain it better than the manual.

Not true. R1 does advance the runner in the Show, at least in Road 2 Show mode.

L1 advances the runner on The Show after the ball has been put in play. During the pitch L1 is to lead off and L2 is to steal.

i played an exhibition game tonight....had a no hitter going into the 8th and then i promptly ruined that by giving up a dinger

i had to switch to the old control scheme.....pitching with the stick pretty much sucked

i was able to hit a couple of homers....i spazzed out on baserunning, leaving a few runs on base

so far, not really impressed......i'll play some more and then send it back for the show and see how that goes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom