Major League Beisbol Playoffs 2021 (1 Viewer)

Eeyore

Cultured, sophisticated, man about town!
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm one night late. Last night's game between the Red Sox and the Yankees was great. It's a shame that it was a one and done situation.

Tonight it's a battle of two teams that I don't like. The Dodgers and the Cardinals. I'm hoping for a 100-99, twenty-three inning game that completely taxes both teams and assures that the winner is doomed for their next series.

I'm one night late. Last night's game between the Red Sox and the Yankees was great. It's a shame that it was a one and done situation.

Tonight it's a battle of two teams that I don't like. The Dodgers and the Cardinals. I'm hoping for a 100-99, twenty-three inning game that completely taxes both teams and assures that the winner is doomed for their next series.
Yep, wish they could both lose!

I understand that money dictates their behavior but it shouldn't be this difficult to find each game. They have their own network, and each team has a regular provider.

This is the third game of the playoffs and the third channel.

First game was on ESPN.

Second game was on TBS.

The White Sox at Astros is on Fox Sports 1.

None of these are the regular channels for these teams.

This Fox broadcast keeps randomly cutting to commercials during the action.

I understand that money dictates their behavior but it shouldn't be this difficult to find each game. They have their own network, and each team has a regular provider.

This is the third game of the playoffs and the third channel.

First game was on ESPN.

Second game was on TBS.

The White Sox at Astros is on Fox Sports 1.

None of these are the regular channels for these teams.

This Fox broadcast keeps randomly cutting to commercials during the action.

As much as many Dodgers fans probably have sat around, asking themselves, bemused “saying we won 106 games, more then any other AL Division winner, and yet we have or had to play a ball-busting, ulcer-inducing, nerve-racking 9-inning thriller where we had to fight our arses off just to play two days afterwards, while Atlanta, Brewers, and Giants can sit at home, resting and recuperating” And while I agree with them that the logic behind this reasoning makes some sense, I’m sure teams like Toronto and Seattle would’ve loved to been able to play one more game instead of being shut out on the regular season’s last day.

I just want the Brewers to beat the Braves and make a solid showing in the NLCS.
:mad:

Nah, but seriously, great game 1. Charlie Morton threw a spectacular game, just had that spat of wildness and one bad pitch. That was enough - and that's how it works in the playoffs.

I was happy to see the Braves didn't give up. Between Pederson's* HR and the ninth inning, it was almost a comeback.

You guys deserved the win and got it. No complaints here.

* It's taking everything in my willpower to not make a pearl necklace and comeback joke.

Last edited:
:mad:

Nah, but seriously, great game 1. Charlie Morton threw a spectacular game, just had that spat of wildness and one bad pitch. That was enough - and that's how it works in the playoffs.

I was happy to see the Braves didn't give up. Between Pederson's* HR and the ninth inning, it was almost a comeback.

You guys deserved the win and got it. No complaints here.

* It's taking everything in my willpower to not make a pearl necklace and comeback joke.

Truly amazing restraint 😁

For the 5th year in a row the Astros will play in the ALCS
With this win today clinching their ALDS series rivalry vs. White Sox, the Astros have become the first MLB team to reach five consecutive AL/NL CS in over 20 years since those great 90's Braves teams which dominated the NL for the decade in advancing to IIRC, 5-6 WS appearances from 1991-99.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom