Major League Beisbol Playoffs 2021 (1 Viewer)

Wow, game 4 was the best one of the series.

:worthy: Freddie Freeman with the go-ahead home run off Hader in the 8th.

Braves win the series 3-1.

Great series from both teams
Enjoy it,.zaps and pray to God above the Giants/Dodgers series lasts a few more days so maybe the team, FO, management can get a little extra rest, time to adequately prepare and get ready to play one of two teams who are potentially more dangerous than Brewers were, are both stacked with quality talent in regards to HR hitters, All-Star relievers, starting pitchers, and closers and Gold Glovers on-field winners.

The next team you face in the NLCS will be a team who won 15 more games than you did during the regular-season, is well-focused, well-managed, have both made multiple WS appearances, and in case of SF Giants, have won multiple World Series over the past decade. Dodgers have made the NL West division almost a near-certainty in terms of winning it, overwhelming, out-thinking, and out playing their fellow NL West rivals and most of the rest of the NL, as a whole. Dodgers have advanced and played in 3 World.Series out the last 4 seasons.

The Braves postseason quest doesn't get any easier or less perilous from this point on.

Last edited:
Enjoy it,.zaps and pray to God above the Giants/Dodgers series lasts a few more days so maybe the team, FO, management can get a little extra rest, time to adequately prepare and get ready to play one of two teams who are potentially more dangerous than Brewers were, are both stacked with quality talent in regards to HR hitters, All-Star relievers, starting pitchers, and closers and Gold Glovers on-field winners.

The next team you face in the NLCS will be a team who won 15 more games than you did during the regular-season, is well-focused, well-managed, have both made multiple WS appearances, and in case of SF Giants, have won multiple World Series over the past decade. Dodgers have made the NL West division almost a near-certainty in terms of winning it, overwhelming, out-thinking, and out playing their fellow NL West rivals and most of the rest of the NL, as a whole. Dodgers have advanced and played in 3 World.Series out the last 4 seasons.

The Braves postseason quest doesn't get any easier or less perilous from this point on.
It doesn’t get any easier, but it shouldn’t ever as you advance.
The Braves have the starting pitching to compete

Guess I will pull for the Braves although I don’t follow them nearly like I did years back. I see they are up on the Dodgers. Hopefully they have better ability to close the deal than the older teams.

Some really great, high-stakes baseball being played tonight.
This has been one of the more cautious exciting, tense, often-nerve wracking late-season MLB seasons, with all its possible, plausible AL WC scenarios 2-3 weeks ago involving two 90-win AL teams that got very hot and wouldve been dangerous if they'd made the ALDS in Seattle and Toronto, the all-or-nothing sweepstakes lasted for both teams until the last afternoon of this year's regular season. Some Blue Jays fans are already comparing this year's Blue Jays team that barely missed out to the infamous, legendary 1987 team which had AL MVP George Bell on the roster and was probably more loaded with pitching and hitting talent then these 2021 Jays were.

Then there was the white knuckle Cardinals/Dodgers WC tiebreaker which ended with Chris Taylor's bottom of the ninth 2-run HR to win it, in a great defensive, pitching masterpiece. Then there was the AFC excellent Brewers/Braves and even more entertaining Giants/Dodgers NLDS s

Guess I will pull for the Braves although I don’t follow them nearly like I did years back. I see they are up on the Dodgers. Hopefully they have better ability to close the deal than the older teams.
How many possible WS or potential WS appearances, over the course of a 14-year run, with one of the best, legendary pitching staffs in MLB history, did those Braves teams lose out on from the early 90's-2005 or they just choke out on ultimately, for lack of a better description? They got out-matched, out managed in 1991, the Blue Jays were the far better team in 1992 World Series, Philly outclassed and had more energy going up against a tired, exhausted Braves squad in 1993 who won one of the hottest, toughest pennant races in history against the SF Giants in 1993. They won it in 1995 in 6 games vs. a very good, but postseason inexperienced Indians team, they blew it in 1996 vs. NYY, did it again against Marlins in the 1997 NLCS next season, and the process sort of became a yearly occurrence pretty much for the next decade until 2005. After 1999, Bobby Cox's Braves teams only advanced past the NLDS just once (2001).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom