Major League Beisbol Playoffs 2021 (1 Viewer)

Which brings me to...the home plate umpire. He was awful. For both sides. If that's the best they can do for an LCS, then the umpiring in MLB is in sad, sad shape. So many strikes called balls and vice versa. His strike zone was very inconsistent. For one Braves batter (can't remember which), he gave Buehler a strike where the ball missed the bottom of the zone and turned around gave him the strike on ball that was a bit too high in the zone. You can't give both. If you're going to give one, be consistent with it and roll on. I know the Dodgers were screaming at him too. Just a terrible job calling balls and strikes tonight, and when there is so much on the line, that's inexcusable, IMO.
He missed, according to the stats, 23 calls last night.

Watching the Braves/Dodgers tonight, the TBS announcers mentioned there was a scoring change overnight where Lux's muff (giggle) in center was changed from a double by Riley to an error on Lux, so those runs against Buehler were unearned. That's the correct call, IMO.

Big 9-2 win for the Braves tonight.

Up 3-1 in the series with a chance to close it out tomorrow with Max Fried going for the Braves against a bullpen game for the Dodgers. I'd really like to end it tomorrow before having to face Scherzer in a game 6 and Buehler in a game 7.

Tough break for Justin Turner. I hope he gets better soon.

Didn’t the Braves blow a series lead to the Dodgers last year too?
I wouldn’t call it “blowing a series” when the opponent is running Buehler, Kershaw and Urias out there…..and you are counting on Kyle Wright, a bullpen game and Bryce Wilson.

Wright and Wilson are both young guys who’ve been back in the minors nearly all season.

Braves had no business (roster wise) even competing in that series…..still don’t know how they won a single game……much less 3 of them.

Big 9-2 win for the Braves tonight.

Up 3-1 in the series with a chance to close it out tomorrow with Max Fried going for the Braves against a bullpen game for the Dodgers. I'd really like to end it tomorrow before having to face Scherzer in a game 6 and Buehler in a game 7.

Tough break for Justin Turner. I hope he gets better soon.
Well, congratulations Zat, Braves are just one win away from only their third postseason series win since 1999, and appearing in their first WS in over two decades. Its a huge, blatant understatement to say that the nature, overall characters, team cohesion, continuity of these 2021 Braves is drastically different then their Cox-era dynasty predecessors. Different stadium, different manager, contrasting Iead, vocal personalities on-field and in the locker room from Smoltz, Glavine, and Maddux, Chipper Jones, Andrew Jones, Brian Jordan, Lempke over 20 years ago. In many respects, this year's Braves team sort of caught lightning in a bottle, complemented by some smart,.shrewd midseason deals Alex Anthropolous made to help kick the squad into another shift when they were struggling and below .500 in July.

Whatever or however the Braves season ends up, I think they've shown theyll be a more-then-potent playoff contender in the NL for some time to come and proved last season's Covid-infected, rattled and truncated MLB season/postseason where they advanced to the NLCS wasnt a fluke. One has to respect that level of determination, perseverance, and willingness to make talent-saavy decision-making at crucial points to make your team not just hopefully competitive, but strive to over-achieve far above the team's overall talent potential.

Yes, two, actually. 2-0 and 3-1
That's the same as this year. That collapse would be epic.

Although part of me thinks it would be funnier if they were in the WS and were up 3-0 on Boston and like 5-0 in game 4, then blew game 4 and the rest of the series and lost in 7.

Would be just like the Super Bowl.

That's the same as this year. That collapse would be epic.

Although part of me thinks it would be funnier if they were in the WS and were up 3-0 on Boston and like 5-0 in game 4, then blew game 4 and the rest of the series and lost in 7.

Would be just like the Super Bowl.
As much as I like to pick on Atlanta, I just can't harbor any ill will towards the plucky Braves this year, given the alternatives.

Astros are cheaters
Boston needs to just stop winning championships for 50 years and give everyone else a chance
LA winning again with their billion dollar payroll is just blah

As much as I like to pick on Atlanta, I just can't harbor any ill will towards the plucky Braves this year, given the alternatives.

Astros are cheaters
Boston needs to just stop winning championships for 50 years and give everyone else a chance
LA winning again with their billion dollar payroll is just blah
I agree with you on all counts. I'm a little biased towards the Dodgers cuz they are my Dad's team. I remember being 13 and staying up late to watch the playoffs and world series with him when they won it in 1988.

But yeah the cheating Astros and that jagoff Altuve can kick rocks. Boston needs another championship like I need an extra 15 pounds.
Nobody like repeat champions.

But. Just. Not. Atlanta. I could have gotten behind Milwaukee but they crapped the bed.

I agree with you on all counts. I'm a little biased towards the Dodgers cuz they are my Dad's team. I remember being 13 and staying up late to watch the playoffs and world series with him when they won it in 1988.

But yeah the cheating Astros and that jagoff Altuve can kick rocks. Boston needs another championship like I need an extra 15 pounds.

But. Just. Not. Atlanta. I could have gotten behind Milwaukee but they crapped the bed.

I understand. If you remove the name Atlanta.....the team is incredibly likable.

I don't really mind the Dodgers either. Nats are my team so rooting for Scherzer and Trea Turner. Justin Turner is really the only Dodger that kinda bugs me - he looks like he's trying out for the 2003 Red Sox with his "hobo covered in pinetar" look.

I don't really mind the Dodgers either. Nats are my team so rooting for Scherzer and Trea Turner. Justin Turner is really the only Dodger that kinda bugs me - he looks like he's trying out for the 2003 Red Sox with his "hobo covered in pinetar" look.
Like he's Johnny Damon's little brother or something LOL.

Tom Glavine is knocking me over with facts.

I didn't know that "if you throw strikes, you have a better chance of getting outs."

Brilliant!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom