Major League Beisbol Playoffs 2021 (1 Viewer)

Tom Glavine is knocking me over with facts.
He's actually a really nice guy.

I got a chance to shoot a game a pool with him and Greg Maddux back in the day, and I got a chance to shoot the sheet with both of them for a while.

That was a super fun night.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

What a series by Eddie Rosario. Tied with 7 other guys for the most hits ever in an LCS with 14, and all 7 of those other guys did it in seven games; he did it in six. No doubt he's the MVP.

Matzek totally bailed out Jackson. That was some impressive pitching to get out of 2nd and 3rd with no outs and not allow any runs to score, and then 3 up and 3 down the next inning.

It's going to be a great World Series.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Braves, here’s to a great World Series
I grew up rooting for the Braves and Astros. More for the Astros as I had a cousin who used to play for them. José Cruz. Went to a couple of games in the old Astrodome and we'd go to Astroworld (RIP) every summer. Good memories!

Back then they couldn't have played in the WS because both were in the NL.

I'm definitely gonna watch!

I grew up rooting for the Braves and Astros. More for the Astros as I had a cousin who used to play for them. José Cruz. Went to a couple of games in the old Astrodome and we'd go to Astroworld (RIP) every summer. Good memories!

Back then they couldn't have played in the WS because both were in the NL.

I'm definitely gonna watch!
Strangely enough, last time Braves/Astros played one another in a postseason game was back in 2005, the magical season where Astros made their epic, yet ultimately unsuccessful WS run (where they were swept by a more dominant White Sox team) in a epic, marathon 18-inning classic where Roger Clemens had to be called out for relief duty simply because Houston ran out of pitchers due to the long nature of the game. IIRC, Astros legend and (future HOF) Craig Biggio hit a solo shot HR in bottom of the 18th in Game 4 of the 2005 NLDS to clinch it.

2005 had been the 14th straight season where Braves had won either NL West/East division title and Cox won MLB's COTY honors for an outstanding, superb job but there was a sense that with Maddux, Glavine gone to Chicago and New York, respectively, and Smoltz maybe having 2-3 more decent seasons left in him, Chipper Jones was in his early 30's, that squad might be Braves last chance with whatever remaining remnants of that 90's-early 2000's dynasty teams could maybe muster another WS appearance or WS win. 2005 was the last real, legitimate gasp of those epic, almost mythical hacylon Braves teams and they didnt even make another playoff appearance until 2010.

Last edited:
That dude was a baller.

Loved his batting stance.

I used to watch the Astros on TV when they would come on. Those were some fun teams.
Oh yeah, I was a switch hitter when I played little league, and tried to emulate his stance.

Was also a big Nolan Ryan fan when I was growing up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom