Major moves in ATL Today (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Major moves in ATL: Falcons are releasing CB Dunta Robinson, RB Michael Turner and DE John Abraham today.

Its march 1 when lots of players get release so I guess it's release day...wonder if the saints do the same.

They got a lot of wear out of Abraham and Turner. Robinson was just FA miss. Add in Ray Edwards and I can get a small amount of schadenfreude, although I think they are right to recognize the miss and move on.

Besides Roddy White, Dunta Robinson, is my most hated Falcon. He was hot garbage! So, naturally I loved it when Ivory nearly tore his face mask off of his helmet in the dome! GIF, please?

Turner and Abraham weren't a surprise but I def didnt see Robinson getting cut. I wonder how long before someone starts a "bring em all in because they will be cheap and motivated to beat their old team twice a year" thread.

I've always liked the way Dunta Robinson plays. Very physical corner. Decent ball skills.

Got a bad feeling they are making a run at Revis. They now have 18 million in cap space. I don't see this as a good thing

Turner we kind of knew was coming to his end there, too much tread on the tires.

Abraham is a bit surprising, he was still their best pass rusher last season.. I would have thought they would try and hang onto him for another season. I guess this is a case of better let go a year early, than a year late.

Turner we kind of knew was coming to his end there, too much tread on the tires.

Abraham is a bit surprising, he was still their best pass rusher last season.. I would have thought they would try and hang onto him for another season. I guess this is a case of better let go a year early, than a year late.

Makes me wonder why Will Smith hasn't gotten the axe yet!?! Some people just know when to trim the fat.

Got a bad feeling they are making a run at Revis. They now have 18 million in cap space. I don't see this as a good thing

If they do that's fine by me, then they'll have two Overpriced Corners eating up their cap.

Revis is coming off the ACL tear, who knows how he'll rebound? and the Falcons will have to figure out how to manage his contract, extend him, or let him play out a year then hold out for a bigger contract like he always does.

I'm sick. All of those were smart moves by the Falcons. Identifying when its time to cut a player is just as important as knowing when its time to address a position. There are some outright cuts on our roster that should happen soon if not yesterday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom