"Major retailer" signs up for Market Street Project (1 Viewer)

Sav-a-Center, just to bring back the "Sav-a-Center Sack." It may be just the thing that our pass rush needs.

I'm sure that building could hold a hockey rink for Brass games on the weekends.

Sounds like a good case of too much government regulation interfering in the private and business lives of citizens.

Seems to me we should end all such prohibition so that brewers could open bars and offer a cheaper drunk to those so inclined.

Personally, I'd like a condo right atop the Abita Brewery with perhaps resident access privileges......

Well it is really a sweetheart deal set up for the distributors. That is the problem to the whole setup. They've got to protect their unnecessary middle man involvement to take a cut.

Interesting. Did not know that. Thanks.

La. R.S. 26:1 et seq. I've had to look into this some. Of course there are some exceptions, but they aren't going to get you into the brewpub business if you're NOLA or Abita.

So we finally get to hear what you deem NOLA enough.

K&B vodka to be exact...

I know people are half joking, half being serious, but it would be really cool if that building was made into a NOLA nostalgia district, complete with all the "Ain't dere no more" stores of the past. I think it would be a HUGE hit with locals and tourists alike. It would also, if the building kept its integrity, would please the HDLC and purists.

If someone with enough cash could pull that off, it would be a mint.

K&B vodka to be exact...

I know people are half joking, half being serious, but it would be really cool if that building was made into a NOLA nostalgia district, complete with all the "Ain't dere no more" stores of the past. I think it would be a HUGE hit with locals and tourists alike. It would also, if the building kept its integrity, would please the HDLC and purists.

If someone with enough cash could pull that off, it would be a mint.

I wasn't joking.

And I still have an original K&B foam cooler, that survived Katrina. :cheer:

Interesting. Did not know that. Thanks.

Not me. Hops STINK when they're boiling.

Then again, that might be an improvement on his apartment. :shrug:

:hihi:

By the time I made it upstairs, I'd be too stinky to care about the hop smell. Then, in the morning, I'd be hungover anyway and would probably sleep until time to head home.

I'm talking about a druncondo.

I found an old of bottle of Crown at my dad's a few years ago, complete with a K&B sticker. I'd like to tell you we kept it. But we drank that sucker.

I do have fond memories of getting K&B branded ice cream with the little wooden spoons. I think I used to by cassette tapes there as well. I want to say I got a best of the B52's as a 'sick toy' once.

Well, that's a pretty valuable corner. Now that the building is fixed up, I can't imagine it will stay vacant for too long at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom