Major Statement Game (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I've been a long time Saints fan - long time and am filled with doubt and hesitancy to buy into the hype this off season. All said, this team is a powerhouse. The Eagles have one of the best defenses in the league - and we absolutely torched them in their backyard. Anyone who thinks the defense is not vastly improved needs Prozac.

That was 400 garbage yards from a team that was throwing from behind the entire game. And the D did not give up a 4th quarter TD. If injuries don't kill us, this may be the best NFL offense of our time. Loomis and Payton are looking like geniuses for giving up the draft picks to get Shockey and Vilma now.

It's been years since our D has had this level of coverage from our DBs. And Sharper.......

Turnovers are key and for the first time in the Payton era, we are winning the take-away war. It's not just the talent, it's the key "leader" acquisitions with winning traditions and flat-out toughness that appears to have changed the character of this team - Brees is not the lone warrior anymore: Sharper, Heath, Vilma, Skockey. These guys hate to lose and know how to win.

These are still our schizo Saints until proven otherwise. However, I think this team is in the process of becoming a championship caliber team. There is only one question left to prove that this year. Can we win close games when we are having an off week and beat playoff caliber teams in close games. I think we will see over the next 6 weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom