Make No Mistake About It (1 Viewer)

PLAYOFFS?!!? PLAYOFFS? I dont even know if our D can force another punt and you're talking about playoffs?

If one chooses to look at one and only one game, I agree. But I see the bigger picture.

And save for a complete collapse, I see the defense playing a lot better next week.

Funny how times change...

The defense showed that it probably doesn't have the talent to take this team to the big dance. But I do think the Saints can reach the playoffs.[/QUOTE said:
If you had told any of us we would be halfway through the season playing for a division crown, competitive in the top third of the league, and having even dreams of a playoff bert in August we would have all thought you were smokin something.

-N

all this, 10 and 6 and in, or 11 wins and is, is BS, i remember the 12-4 season, and not get there..

Well the Rams are getting looking pretty bad today. Seattle lost another one without their QB and RB. The Eagles keep falling. Same for the Steelers. Now only if the Vikings and Cowboys can win.

all this, 10 and 6 and in, or 11 wins and is, is BS, i remember the 12-4 season, and not get there..

Yeah, well playing in the same division as a 49ers team which consistently won 13-14 games for multiple seasons relegated the Saints more than once to sitting at home or a wildcard game.

We're in a different NFL though--only 1-2 teams at the most are going to win 13-14 games with all the parady in the league now. Two years ago (I think) didn't a 9-7 or 8-8 team win the NFC West?

Yeah, I'm trying not to forget where we started and looking at the fact that we can even consider nabbing a playoff spot at this point in the season as a luxury this year. I'm sticking with my hope that we go at least .500 after the Bye to finish 10-6. That would be a big accomplishment and just might earn a playoff berth.

At least it was an AFC team. I hate losing because of stupid penalties and turnovers though. :argh: Hopefully the penalty-fest is out of our system. That was ugly and frustrating. My heart may break if we go on a losing streak. It's been such an unexpectedly great season.

Lets objectively look at the Vikings

Below is a very conservative prediction which means the Vikings will end up at least 10-6

Lets give all the questionable games to their opponents:

New England L
@San Franscisco W
Green Bay W (home game)
@ Miami W (will pick in top 5 of draft)
Arizona W (will pick in top 5 of draft)
@ Chicago L
@ Detroit W (another team that will possibly pick in top 5)
N.Y. Jets W (improved team but the Vikes have them at home)
@ Greenbay L (I give this to the Packers at home though I doubt it)
St. Louis L (I give this to the Rams though they will be 1 dimensional and
Will likely loose in the Vikings house)

Just thought about this argument again and it made me smile. Goes to show you never know how things will play out in the NFL. I guess the Vikings arent as much a lock as they once were.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom