Saints Make your Decision (2 Viewers)

Didn’t he say it would be about three weeks before super bowl week? I feel we will get some kind of announcement tomorrow in the evening that is prime time for nfl news ... just a feeling that is all

Are you freaking kidding me? Feels like Favre???? I feel like I say this about 10 times a year so it’s losing merit BUT....

this may be the dumbest thread of the year

The first important day of the offseason is March 10th, which is the last day that teams can franchise or transition tag players. While I don't think the Saints would do Teddy dirty by franchising him, they'd want the option on the table if Brees were to retire. Could help in negotiations.

I'd imagine Drew won't wait until the 11th hour either. My guess is he will announce his decision around March 1st. So we've got about two and a half more weeks of this craziness.

I think the Saints and Drew know for the most part, it's just about respect and coordination at this point. It's hard for me to believe that some type of preliminary discussion hasn't occurred before this year. It may not have been definitive but I'm sure they've asked him when he would think abut retiring.

Drew Brees needs to make his decision. At this point it feels as if he's pulling a Bret Favre.

In what sense? Really look at the Favre situation and see if you want to stick by that statement.

I think the Saints and Drew know for the most part, it's just about respect and coordination at this point. It's hard for me to believe that some type of preliminary discussion hasn't occurred before this year. It may not have been definitive but I'm sure they've asked him when he would think abut retiring.

This is how I see it too. There's no way the front office is sitting around in limbo with no clue as to what their HoF QB is going to do. Drew's retirement is going to be a franchise altering situation so you have to think a plan is in place.

I think the Saints need to respectfully make the decision for him. It’s just bad business to give $40 million to a guy in his 40s who now struggles to finish a season strong

Just too bad the Saints don’t look as if they have the balls to do it

Financially it's not an ideal situation but Drew still gives us the best chance to win. If he still wants to play I don't think they have much of a choice.

If Brady retired today, Brees probably goes with him... Brady playing again ??? I’ll bet my salary drew comes back lol. At this point his legacy is those records he isn’t letting tom steal that ! My .02

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom