Saints Make your Decision (2 Viewers)

You same people that want to blow it up, are the same that will scream for replacing coach and Loomis when we don't make the post season.
Maybe a few closet division rival fans maybe I'm thinking...

You same people that want to blow it up, are the same that will scream for replacing coach and Loomis when we don't make the post season.
Maybe a few closet division rival fans maybe I'm thinking...

Who said anything about a blow up? I just don’t think we should retain Drew @ his current market value

Drew Brees needs to make his decision. At this point it feels as if he's pulling a Bret Favre.

After 20 years in the league, I would say he has right have as long as he wants to determine if he wants to retire.

It's not having to spend time away from your familly, it's not you that has dedicated almost his whole life to this sport.

This is an extremely tough decision for anyone.

Especially Drew

He has given everything to the game of football.

Show some RESPECT

After 20 years in the league, I would say he has right have as long as he wants to determine if he wants to retire.

It's not having to spend time away from your familly, it's not you that has dedicated almost his whole life to this sport.

Especially Drew

Show some RESPECT
First of all much respect to you for posting after giving me a Goddell Face. I have said and always said over and over how much I love Drew on this board. I even got a Jersey of his. Him and Derrick Thomas are the only ones I've ever owned. Wife got me the Brees one.

With that being said I'm a Saints fan over being a fan of a particular player. It's painful to realize the Saints need to pivot from Drew. But it's necessary to even if that means losing for a few years to do so. I've lived with the Saints losing and I'm prepared to do again. The big Difference is that there is a very competent staff in place to launch a rebuild.

To believe I got a face slap for reporting on a potential draft pick. This is the most ridiculous assertion EVER!!!
Ye that was ridiculous. I thought you made a very good post. Yeah I realize the Favre thing was a tad too far. I would change it but I gotta stick with my initial thought.

Especially Drew

Show some RESPECT
Sorry, but letting drew go has nothing to do with respect. He will always be respected as a former saint and as a role model off the Field. You make it sound like he joined the military, served 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and retired after 20 years. This is a sport and he was compensated well.
This decision should be on the saints staff, not the individual player. If they want him back, they can offer what they think his worth is and let the chips fall, but if you think they have a plan “B”, you don’t know ML and CSP.

Didn’t he say it would be about three weeks before super bowl week? I feel we will get some kind of announcement tomorrow in the evening that is prime time for nfl news ... just a feeling that is all

three weeks before Super Bowl week he probably didn’t even have his locker packed.

no he said about a month and that was less than two weeks ago I think.

Sorry, but letting drew go has nothing to do with respect. He will always be respected as a former saint and as a role model off the Field. You make it sound like he joined the military, served 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and retired after 20 years. This is a sport and he was compensated well.
This decision should be on the saints staff, not the individual player. If they want him back, they can offer what they think his worth is and let the chips fall, but if you think they have a plan “B”, you don’t know ML and CSP.

What are you talking about??? Huh???

My point was Drew has earned all the time he wants to determine if he is going to retire.

What I said had nothing to do with the organization.

If you dont think that Drew gives us our best chance to win then you are delusional my friend, and you dont know what you are talking about.

Been watching a little too much TV

First of all much respect to you for posting after giving me a Goddell Face. I have said and always said over and over how much I love Drew on this board. I even got a Jersey of his. Him and Derrick Thomas are the only ones I've ever owned. Wife got me the Brees one.

With that being said I'm a Saints fan over being a fan of a particular player. It's painful to realize the Saints need to pivot from Drew. But it's necessary to even if that means losing for a few years to do so. I've lived with the Saints losing and I'm prepared to do again. The big Difference is that there is a very competent staff in place to launch a rebuild.

Look I might have went a little extreme with the clown face. I have changed it, and my apologies.

I just dont agree with the group of people saying that we would be better off without Drew.

Drew finished the season as the 2nd best qb in the league. Had one of his best seasons ever, and torched the the best defense in the league like no other QB has.

People are soley blaming that playoff loss on Drew and I dont understand it.

If yall would just watch a little bit of tape , you would realize that the whole team was unprepared. I would put that coaching. Drew was getting interior pressure all game long. Not much you can do as a pocket qb, when the pocket keeps collapsing from the inside.

I know people are worried about his Arm strength, which is understandable.

I would argue, that the lack of throws downfield has a lot more to do with personal then yall might think.

I dont think it's a coincidence that Drew completed a 40 yard bomb in the pro bowl. Obviously he can still throw the deep ball.

Everyone is going to have their opinion, I'm just one to think that people need to hold their horses, and stop being so fickle and near sighted.

I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying

Drew Brees needs to make his decision. At this point it feels as if he's pulling a Bret Favre.
Obviously you have a terrible recollection of what Brett Favre put the Packers through. February and June are two very different months.

Jesus, get your act together.

This is an embarrassing thread.

The first important day of the offseason is March 10th, which is the last day that teams can franchise or transition tag players. While I don't think the Saints would do Teddy dirty by franchising him, they'd want the option on the table if Brees were to retire. Could help in negotiations.

I'd imagine Drew won't wait until the 11th hour either. My guess is he will announce his decision around March 1st. So we've got about two and a half more weeks of this craziness.
How would that be doing him dirty? Telling him he is so valuable that they are willing to guarantee him top 5 money? Dirty?

How would that be doing him dirty? Telling him he is so valuable that they are willing to guarantee him top 5 money? Dirty?

One year at 27 million or four years at 80 million?

Anyone with any sense would prefer the latter, especially a kid who had an injury where some people thought he may never play again. There's a reason players get upset when they're franchised. See Leveon Bell, Jadaveon Clowney, and a slew of other examples.

You must not remember the Jimmy Graham situation.

Or the Drew Brees situation, where he took the Saints to arbitration to fight a franchise tag.

It's seen as a disrespect by the players, regardless of how you feel about it.

I think he'd welcome a one year 27 mil contract. It'll never happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom