Make your official prediction for the Saints first round pick (1 Viewer)

I would absolutely be good with Ruggs if he falls far enough that it won't cost us too much!

I'd personally rather stay put and take BPA at #24 or only trade up if Payton loves a specific QB, but I just have a feeling that Ruggs is exactly the kind of guy that Payton falls in love with and moves up to get. He's basically Bradin Cooks.

I just think there is more value in either waiting to the 3rd to take a speed receiver or trading up into the 2nd, but when Payton wants an offensive toy, he goes and gets them.

Yep... They trade up for Ruggs or Jefferson was always my best guess... won't change it now.

I think I'd be more okay with moving up for Jefferson because I think his floor is higher and we need a young reliable receiver more than a speed guy, but I can see Payton feeling that the one thing we are missing on offense is a guy that can blow the top of the defense.

Of course, I'm also a huge LSU homer. So . . .

Saints stay at 24 and take Center Cesar Ruiz. The offensive line was horrible and injured the last Couple of games of the year last season. The guards need help. McCoy makes the move to guard.

@24 T Isaiah Wilson, Georgia
Move up in the 2nd round and pick a WR
Pick up a LB in free agency or trade

I think I'd be more okay with moving up for Jefferson because I think his floor is higher and we need a young reliable receiver more than a speed guy, but I can see Payton feeling that the one thing we are missing on offense is a guy that can blow the top of the defense.

Of course, I'm also a huge LSU homer. So . . .

Ruggs would be a day 1 impact guy that can fill Ginn's role (but with better hands).... Jefferson is also a day 1 impact guy that can do a little of everything, knows the offense, knows the route concepts, and can also backup Sanders (who is 33 years old).... Either guy has great value and would be worth trading up for in the "win now" year.

Pull a Mike Ditka move trade all of this year picks , ( just this year) in take Simmons when he falls to 7th spot
I predict that if you are right, I will be more angry than when the Saints took Russell Erxleben.

Edit - aw what the heck. I picked Jordan Love back in October, I’m going to stick with it now...

Jordan Love

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom