Make your prediction for the 2008 season here. (1 Viewer)

What will the Saints' 2008 record be?

• Total voters

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
2007 was a season of disapointment tempered with hope for the future.

While there is amble reason to continue to worry about the defense overall, the Saints seem to be unbelievably deep at RB with the un-drafted 4th stringer, Pierre Thomas, becoming the first Saint to have a 100/100 game...in his first start. At WR Colston has set the all time record for receptions over the first two years of play...that would be the league record y'all. Patton proved to be a highly reliable veteran. Henderson seemed to find the handle on the ball. And next year we may actually see Robert Meachem play. In case you are wondering, Meachem was the 2007 1st round pick for the Saints.

Brees is well...Brees. Long may he be a Saint.

On special teams the Saints' Orlando Mare experiment went quite badly. In fact, it was an utter failure. Out of nowhere, the non-self-injuring Gramatica brother shows up and hopes of a consistent kicking game for 2008 abound. Some will anoint Skylar Green the next Mel Gray simply because he is an LSU grad. I will wait to see if he makes the 2008 final 53 first.

And then there is the defense. Will our much heralded DEs produce next year? Will Fujita get help at LB? Will we have any real CBs on the team beside McKenzie? Will Roman Harper develop into the safety we all hope for? Time will tell.

In the meantime...the 2008 season record prediction poll.

kr29

STEALTH
Reaction score
We had our year of injuries--now we should be able to get back on track and contend for the division title and make a push in the playoffs year in and year out. Duece and Pierre--Reggie--should bring balance back to the offense. The Defense has nowhere to go but up-- We can go 12-4!

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
We had our year of injuries--now we should be able to get back on track and contend for the division title and make a push in the playoffs year in and year out. Duece and Pierre--Reggie--should bring balance back to the offense. The Defense has nowhere to go but up-- We can go 12-4!
YES, our defense regressed. We did nothing to address this side of the ball last season, neither in free agency or the draft. That unit stayed the same, except for Jason David, and we know how that ended up. If we're more active this year in free agency and target some "REAL" players, coupled with a defensive draft, we'll be a pretty crazy team.

12-4 and a team to fear in the playoffs... I HOPE!

CajunBlaze.com

All-Pro
Reaction score
11-5 seems about right. Hope for better, but will be happy with 10-6 and another Divsion Championship. Two playoff wins, and a trip to the Superbowl and winning. Not asking much, I know.

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
I think with a good offseason 13-3. Our offense alone is that of a 3 loss team, and if we can upgrade our defense suitabably it's not out of the question.

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
Anybody projecting we will not beat the Falcons at least twice next season is way off. I think next seasons schedule is tough. Real tough. We are lucky to get more than 9-7, which should be enough to win the division though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom