Malcolm Jenkins - best defensive player? (1 Viewer)

someone

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I asked this in another thread but didn't get a response. I'm just curious, did Gregg Williams really say Malcolm Jenkins is the best player we have on defense? I'm just curious if that's really quoted or if Aikman made it up. I wouldn't be completely surprised, because he's so versatile, but we have a lot of good players on defense now. That would be one whale of a compliment for a second year player and first year starter coming from his defensive coordinator.

I really, really doubt it. Williams probably made some positive comment about Malcolm and he took it out of context.

I heard it too. It got me thinking and it has to be the versitility and the fact that he shows up big in big games. I think most people would think Vilma, and for knowledge/experience it probably is Vilma, but physical ability and playmaking ability is probably is Jenkins or will be Jenkins very soon. This was a great pick and is paying huge dividends.

Jenkins is a very good player, obviously able to play 2 positions well, but I'd have to say Vilma is our best defensive player by far. He's so smart and knows how to play. If it wasn't for his brains we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl last season (audible on Porter which led to Favre pick and other key moments).

Jenkins is a very good player, obviously able to play 2 positions well, but I'd have to say Vilma is our best defensive player by far. He's so smart and knows how to play. If it wasn't for his brains we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl last season (audible on Porter which led to Favre pick and other key moments).

Agreed!! We are SO lucky to have Vilma on this team. Jenkins will become a very special player in time.

Jabari Greer could give J. Vilma a run for that best defensive player.. Both of them have very similar salaries, not that it matters.

Love my man Vilma in the middle, he would have my shout for Defensive player, Harper has also had a good year along with Greer and Smith. However a team effort has gotten us to where we are now.

Toby-

I can't see GW calling Vilma the "Drew Brees" of the defense and then calling MJ the best defensive player. Perhaps he meant the best player in the secondary? That's a bit more believable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom