Malcolm Jenkins: "Football is a nonessential business and so we don't need to do it" (2 Viewers)

Yeah, this is part of the new agreement. However, this was put into place to prevent players from holding out for contract reasons. I am willing to bet that there is a way around it for the purposes of the player's health in the face of a pandemic. If not, I expect there will be. Otherwise a lot of players are suddenly going to be diagnosed with back or hamstring injuries.

This could be the incident that actually unites the NFLPA against the owners finally...

I think the problem is that injured players are still required to report to team meetings and work with trainers and stuff. They’d still be exposed to potential coronavirus. They might as well play in the games if they still have to show up all week.

I think the problem is that injured players are still required to report to team meetings and work with trainers and stuff. They’d still be exposed to potential coronavirus. They might as well play in the games if they still have to show up all week.
I think this is correct as long as they're not on the IR/PUP list.

WhoopsNo.gif

My vote is that MJ return to Philly. He is a net negative for this team. In the end, this signing will be thought of as a bad decision, again. He has already created division and turmoil, and hasn't even practiced once with the team. My job won't allow me to express my social thoughts and I don't watch football to be lectured to on non-football issues. MJ and Drew should both shut up.

It really depends on what he means by eliminating it. If he means, there is absolute zero chance of contracting it then he might as well retire because that's not going to be thing whilst he's still capable of playing football. I mean theoretically it's possible that a safe and 100% effective vaccine is developed within the next few months, but even if it was adequately tested in that period (unlikely) you would still have production issues, distribution issues, refusals, etc. More than likely this is something we're going to have to learn to live with to an extent, and people are going to have to take that risk into account whether they're a billionaire executive, a professional athlete, an average person working an average job, or a junkie on the street.

Now if he means, can the NFL and the franchises mitigate the risk, well yea they can, but the requires compliance on a level that I'm not sure every player is willing to deal with.

So are the Saints at risk of turning him into the next Kaepernick if we should decide to cut him?

Here is the proposal from an admin regarding threads on the SSF that inevitably end up being sociopolitical or controversial. We'll try rolling with that idea for a while.

I'd like to propose a change in approach for consideration.

Why not just move threads, with a redirect, from the SSF to the EE, that invite current events talk? I know the no-politics direction the site has taken puts some of these discussions in limbo, regardless, but just because a topic features a Saints player or is related to the NFL shouldn't mean it has to exist on the SSF, and then be subjected to heavy moderation and redaction.

Moderating these discussions to fit the SSF standards is a lot of work for the staff, places unrealistic limits on important discussions, and I think has to be frustrating to those members who have an interest in these topics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom