Malcolm Jenkins: "Football is a nonessential business and so we don't need to do it" (1 Viewer)

Even simpler than that. Law says you have to wear a seatbelt while in a motor vehicle. If you don't, we can and likely will fine you. Some states still have helmet laws for motorcyclists. Those laws are not even to protect others, but to protect the wearers. In Texas, you have to have your car inspected annually (similar to a brake tag in NOLA) before you can renew your registration. Choose not to do that, you get fined. If it's not deemed safe/roadworthy enough, the registration is declined until the appropriate repairs are made.

If a business can have a "No shirt, No shoes, No service" sign, why can't it add "No mask" addendum to that list? Some local merchants are doing it, but not nearly enough.

Even simpler than that. Law says you have to wear a seatbelt while in a motor vehicle. If you don't, we can and likely will fine you. Some states still have helmet laws for motorcyclists. Those laws are not even to protect others, but to protect the wearers. In Texas, you have to have your car inspected annually (similar to a brake tag in NOLA) before you can renew your registration. Choose not to do that, you get fined. If it's not deemed safe/roadworthy enough, the registration is declined until the appropriate repairs are made.

If a business can have a "No shirt, No shoes, No service" sign, why can't it add "No mask" addendum to that list? Some local merchants are doing it, but not nearly enough.
Those probably aren't the best analogies to use. I can almost guarantee that the same people that oppose mandated mask wearing would also be against mandated seat belts and helmets. And I recognize the merits in opposing those as I don't like the government telling me how best to protect myself. I think a better analogy would be laws against drunk driving, whereas, they are not only for your protection, but the protection of others from your carelessness as well.

Also, owners should be well within their rights to require a mask within their establishments. I don't think there's anything that says they can't.

Now, my question is, do we push this through as a law? If so, how & when do we decide to do away with it? Is this something that's going to be required from here on out? How would a law like that be worded? During any pandemic? Can exceptions be made for people with breathing disorders? There's still lots of questions about how & when infections are transmitted, questions about the effectiveness of masks, so much conflicting information.

Self-centered greed and an inability to show concern or empathy for our fellow citizens.

I don't get the argument that having to wear a mask is an attack on freedom, but I do see anyone willing to make that argument being capable of absolutely not giving a crud about their fellow man.

It's like refusing to use your car breaks in order to stop from hitting an old person whose fallen in the street because you shouldn't be forced to put premature wear on your break pads.
So its self centered and greedy to want to go to work and feed your family?

• 1Clown
Reactions: dtc
So its self centered and greedy to want to go to work and feed your family?

Yes, if you're endangering others in so doing and especially when extreme measures have been employed to prevent you and your family from going without food.

It is self-centered and greedy to ignore science and to refuse to wear a mask in public. It is incredibly sad, imho, that Americans who supposedly consider themselves Christians are so likely to value their own freedom to not wear masks over the lives of innocent people they may encounter.

It is greedy and self-centered to place your own financial well being over the health and welfare of our society as a whole.

Comprende?

I don’t disagree with him. There are hundreds of people these guys come into contact with every day of the week. From the towel boy, to drivers, airlines, hotels, fans, other team members, training staffs, not to mention the people who come and go in their lives. There is no way you can get a player to wear an N95 level mask and perform at the level they do. So how will it happen? I don’t want to see these guys suffering life long health issues just to play a game. It’s not worth it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom