Malcolm Jenkins is down with signing Ed Reed (1 Viewer)

With an nonexistent pass rush like the Saints, it wouldn't matter if Blount, "Night Train" Lane, Sanders, and Tatum were back there

I'd love to see Ed Reed on this team.

If the Saints got Reed and somehow pulled off the speculated Revis trade. That's an impressive secondary. But it won't mean much without a pass rush.
I dont want Revis,But give me Reed :ezbill: he Will come in and do what Sharper did in 09..#2013Championship

I fail to understand why fans think Jenkins can play any of the corner positions. I agree with the fan that said he (Jenkins) would be better at SS.

I fail to understand why fans think Jenkins can play any of the corner positions. I agree with the fan that said he (Jenkins) would be better at SS.

Cause he did it fairly well against the Pats and Colts. At least he's shown more as a CB in his rookie year (a position notorious for the tough transition) than he ever has at FS.

He's a terrible tackler, the only reason I think he'd have any hope as a SS is because he'd have a lot less ground to cover in tackling so his angles won't be as poor. But he still needs to learn that it takes more than throwing your shoulder to take someone down.

Makes for good politics.

That said, I think Jenkins would be a better fit at SS than Harper. Without getting too technical about it, I think he could blitz/support in run defense efficiently, and is better in coverage.

Jenkins tackling is much worse than Harpers, that would be a disaster. Now if for some completely ridiculous reason Harper doesn't return IAQ at SS would be great.

Jenkins tackling is much worse than Harpers, that would be a disaster. Now if for some completely ridiculous reason Harper doesn't return IAQ at SS would be great.

I disagree, somewhat. I do think Harper is a better tackler but I do not think the gap is that wide. On the other hand, the gap in terms of coverage is significant. Now, in terms of Jenkins and his tackling woes, he thrived at tackling his first season here. I think his issues with tackling have more to do with the improper angles he takes. When he takes the proper angles, he is usually sound in his tackling. When he does not, he ends up whiffing.

Kind of hard to judge. Anyone can tackle someone when they are in the box. You usually have help and things are moving much slower at that point. It's much tougher when your single or double high and trying to bring someone down running full speed in the open. Angles become much more important and the room for error is minimal compared to bringing a RB down in the hole. Harper has been made to look foolish in that situation plenty of times as well.

With an nonexistent pass rush like the Saints, it wouldn't matter if Blount, "Night Train" Lane, Sanders, and Tatum were back there

If we had just two of those guys back there (with one being Sanders), we would only have to rush Ellis and Smith. We could run a 2-5-2(2) D, and still be in the top 10.:ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom