Malcolm Jenkins is down with signing Ed Reed (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Chas Addison @fanCHASticc
@MalcolmJenkins if you could play with any current safety in the league, who would it be?
View Conversation
4h

Malcolm Jenkins @MalcolmJenkins
@fanCHASticc it would be @Harp41 but we could get Ed Reed and put me at the nickel to have 3 of us on the field at once!! 🔥🔥🔥

It ain't just us talking about this.

God that would be nice to have Reed out there hawking the ball. I've always liked the hustle that Jenkins has, but liked him as a Nickel better than FS anyways.

Would feel more natural to have him come here than Revis...

New Orleans Saints

Top priority in free agency: Safety.
Other areas of interest: Defensive line, offensive tackle, linebacker.
Potential fits: A new salary cap with an additional $10 million. Just kidding. S Rashad Johnson, DL Cullen Jenkins, LB Victor Butler.

The Saints are over the cap. And they're probably completely over Accounting 101. We all hated that class, let's be honest. You could teach an entire college course on accounting with the Saints' 2013 offseason as a semester-long case study. The front office has worked overtime trying to pare down a cap number that was more than $20 million too high just a few weeks ago. They've cut players, restructured several deals and are trying to get Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma to essentially cost the club less money. Safety is the biggest positional issue. Roman Harper often found himself out of position in 2012, and his cap figure is out of kilter in 2013. At seven million bucks (base plus prorated signing bonus), that's just too much for a guy north of 30 and perhaps headed south in terms of effectiveness. He's been a solid player mostly, but the Saints just can't afford the cost per production.

I think if Saints got Reed then we'd probably see Jenkins back at CB

Funny @ him saying Roman Harper first though

Funny @ him saying Roman Harper first though

Makes for good politics.

That said, I think Jenkins would be a better fit at SS than Harper. Without getting too technical about it, I think he could blitz/support in run defense efficiently, and is better in coverage.

I'd love to see Ed Reed on this team.

If the Saints got Reed and somehow pulled off the speculated Revis trade. That's an impressive secondary. But it won't mean much without a pass rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom