Malcolm Jenkins now a CNN commentator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot wait till next year. This upcoming debacle of a season will be over. Brees will retire. Jenkins and Winston will be cut, Kamara will walk. Maybe less of a competitive team; however, less annoying noise emanating from the players.

There is this thing called John Madden football where you control damn near everything.

Check it out. It's popular. Might be the way to go for you.

By now, choosing not to acknowledge that all of this is about race related human rights is pretty silly. Whenever one finally realizes that they've fallen on the wrong side of the discussion, that will more than likely be the reason you did.

To be clear: If you take the position that sports or pretty much ANYTHING else is more important than human rights issues, without tossing labels around, you're part of the reason those human rights issues persist.
Are you saying I used labels or labeled someone? I'm coming at this (on Saintsreport.com) as a Saints fan. This thread of course would have always gone in the direction of opposing points of view. It would just be nice to hear a discussion with opposing sides and NOT have race thrown into it. There are plenty places to engage in the race discussion nowadays; every single dang thread isn't it.

My issue with Malcom is only that he, Roman Harper, Shane and Greg Williams ruined the greatest post season comeback in NFL history.

Sure but Would have liked to win the SuperBowl with one of the most talented Saints team ever. Malcom had no business playing press coverage against Vernon Davis but I suppose you can blame Gregg Williams more

[mod edit - response to deleted post]

I love the thoughtful, introspective committed Malcolm Jenkins in his handling of these issues. I would expect to see that Malcolm Jenkins in his CNN role. what I didn’t like was the immediate emotional (and certainly not to diminish the overall emotions of these longtime societal problems) [mod edit]
I am not worried that the CNN gig will affect his play anymore than a weekly call in show affects other players’ performances. It may even motivate and take a little bit off his shoulders as he’s able to find more comfort in talking about the issues rather than holding stuff in.
As far as wanting to get back to football, I am with a lot of the fans, but I tell you I’ve come to realize that the issues being discussed today are existential when it comes to the future of our country and what we’re handing over to our kids. There is blame to go around in all directions both present and past and by people of all colors. Also I know that pointing those fingers at this time does nobody any good as it’s going to take a collective will to change minds and systems to solve these problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even RG and the league are now aligning with Jenkins, et al - so what is the controversy?

Also last time I looked, Jenkins was human so I imagine ‘his people’ are also human - humans play football
What Venn diagram are you using?

I am using the industry standard Cajun Venn diagram - lol.

Wow - Many of these posts in many of these threads have really taken strong political tones. I agree with Sharon's post yesterday. We need to take political discussions and personal value belief conversations to other boards. SSF is about football and if we lose that focus, there's no telling how the quality of football conversations will dissolve.

I am using the industry standard Cajun Venn diagram - lol.

Wow - Many of these posts in many of these threads have really taken strong political tones. I agree with Sharon's post yesterday. We need to take political discussions and personal value belief conversations to other boards. SSF is about football and if we lose that focus, there's no telling how the quality of football conversations will dissolve.
Well the central tenet of the thread is that Jenkins being in cnn might/will effect the locker room- that seems a venn circle of ‘applicable to football’

As well, civil rights is a social/cultural movement- politicians eventually vote on civil rights bills, but those ideas do not originate in Congress

As I’ve whined incessantly on the ee, we should be loathe to define ‘social conversations that make us uncomfortable ‘ as ‘politicial’

WE as a fan base don't have to try to put words in his mouth , honestly he should never had apologized for beliefs about the flag , it's a fact some figure they needed to twist the whole question given to him. Just words didn't destroy anything , but the ones that twisted his words have destroyed , burned , killed and said F you to the greatest quarterback in Saints history , after all he's done for the Saints fan base and the players around him this is how he should be treated ?

But Drew did apologize after being educated by his teammates about why his statement was ignorant and hurtful. You should accept Drew's apology as being from his heart. Instead, you keep blaming others as putting words in Drew's mouth. By doing that, you disrespect Drew, and you disrespect everyone you mistakenly blame for reacting so strongly to Drew.

In the bigger picture, I'll be shocked if there's a football season or anything more than a brief exhibition of football because of the risks to players and their families. But if there is, there will be unity and integrity in the Saints locker room because of Drew's apology, and because of the leadership in life by Malcolm, Demario, Cam, CGM, Alvin, and so many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom