Malcolm Jenkins now a CNN commentator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course human rights are not more important than football, and I wouldn't mind if he went to work full time for CNN, but being a CNN commentator, could make him a worse football player and impact our whole team, and that's why we disapprove. If he's only going to comment a few times, then it may not be a problem, but if he signed on as a commentator, then I presume he will be on frequently, and I don't know how that isn't going to have a negative affect on the team.
"may"s and "could"s are how you are couching you premise but then you act like those suppositions are givens
do you have any evidence to support your may/could musings?

But Drew did apologize after being educated by his teammates about why his statement was ignorant and hurtful. You should accept Drew's apology as being from his heart. Instead, you keep blaming others as putting words in Drew's mouth. By doing that, you disrespect Drew, and you disrespect everyone you mistakenly blame for reacting so strongly to Drew.

In the bigger picture, I'll be shocked if there's a football season or anything more than a brief exhibition of football because of the risks to players and their families. But if there is, there will be unity and integrity in the Saints locker room because of Drew's apology, and because of the leadership in life by Malcolm, Demario, Cam, CGM, Alvin, and so many others.
Agree to a point but I'm wait and see on Malcolm. He very publicly and loudly blasted Brees and yet his acceptance has frankly been almost like a mumble it's been so quiet. Spike Lee has been more vocal than Jenkins.

are you hoping to address racial equality by avoiding controversy?
I don't want controversy and division on my football team. I don't mind plenty of controversy in other things. The topic here was strictly about Jenkins working for CNN, and I think that will negatively affect my team. I think there are plenty of others voicing the controversy. I suppose I could disregard the impact on the team, but I hate it when the Saints lose.

I don't want controversy and division on my football team. I don't mind plenty of controversy in other things. The topic here was strictly about Jenkins working for CNN, and I think that will negatively affect my team. I think there are plenty of others voicing the controversy. I suppose I could disregard the impact on the team, but I hate it when the Saints lose.
But what do you base the thought on?
You are assuming negative impact on the team but have not stated how/why exactly it could happen

Also just need to add that controversy and division are not mutually inclusive terms
You can have controversy and adhesion
In fact that’s what I predict will happen
And we’ll be better off than teams who try to sweep problems under the rug

"may"s and "could"s are how you are couching you premise but then you act like those suppositions are givens
do you have any evidence to support your may/could musings?
I've never acted like any of my suppositions are givens, but I think they are likely given what has transpired over the last couple of weeks between Jenkins and Brees. You can't prove otherwise. Do you care about the impact on the team or does that have to be set aside for social justice?

You seem to only be speculating that it will be an issue. It isn't the fans who make the decision of what side job meets our approval. That's the job of the coaching staff, and I trust both Malcolm and the staff to work out whatever kinks there may be, if any at all.

But what do you base the thought on?
You are assuming negative impact on the team but have not stated how/why exactly it could happen

Also just need to add that controversy and division are not mutually inclusive terms
You can have controversy and adhesion
In fact that’s what I predict will happen
And we’ll be better off than teams who try to sweep problems under the rug
This team has a Superbowl roster. It has been a tight team for a couple of years. It didn't need any more adhesion, but this could definitely cause the team to fray.

This team has a Superbowl roster. It has been a tight team for a couple of years. It didn't need any more adhesion, but this could definitely cause the team to fray.

As could Kamara going to NASCAR to support Bubba Wallace, or literally any of likely hundreds of hypothetical scenarios involving our players and situations outside of football.

These guys are adults. They'll handle it. On the occasion it isn't handled, that will be addressed. I don't expect any lack of cohesion come game day, which is all that I care about.

You seem to only be speculating that it will be an issue. It isn't the fans who make the decision of what side job meets our approval. That's the job of the coaching staff, and I trust both Malcolm and the staff to work out whatever kinks there may be, if any at all.
Yes the Saints are my team. I think most Saints fans think of the Saints as their team. Obviously none of us get to approve of their side jobs, but we can voice our opinions about it. Some here approve and others don't. We're all speculating. Some speculate that it won't cause a problem. I think this is risky, and given the last couple of weeks, I speculate that it is more likely than not to become a problem and blow up on the team, so I don't like it.

As could Kamara going to NASCAR to support Bubba Wallace, or literally any of likely hundreds of hypothetical scenarios involving our players and situations outside of football.

These guys are adults. They'll handle it. On the occasion it isn't handled, that will be addressed. I don't expect any lack of cohesion come game day, which is all that I care about.
Kamara going to Nascar has almost zero chance of causing controversy.

Yes the Saints are my team. I think most Saints fans think of the Saints as their team. Obviously none of us get to approve of their side jobs, but we can voice our opinions about it. Some here approve and others don't. We're all speculating. Some speculate that it won't cause a problem. I think this is risky, and given the last couple of weeks, I speculate that it is more likely than not to become a problem and blow up on the team, so I don't like it.

Yes...So again, and more specifically --- why do you speculate that Jenkins going to CNN will be a problem?

Alright so you’ve moved on from suppositions to almost declaring that Jenkins commenting on cnn occasionally will ‘definitely cause the team harm’
how?
walk me through how this could damage the team

Alright so you’ve moved on from suppositions to almost declaring that Jenkins commenting on cnn occasionally will ‘definitely cause the team harm’
how?
walk me through how this could damage the team
I haven't declared anything. CNN and all cable news thrives on controversy. It is naive to be confident that given the last couple of weeks, things will go smoothly and without further controversy if he becomes a commentator. There have been more Jenkins threads on this board than any other topic, so many things surrounding the topic on which Jenkins will be asked to speak will probably generate more controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom