Malcolm Jenkins Passionate response to Drew Brees! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are with this stupid rioting then you should shut up. Period. These dumb arse millionaires should shut up too. They are rioting for a killing that everyone is on their side for. They are losing that sympathy.

Yes, the instances of killing of unarmed black Americans has to end. Americans everywhere are fed up with this criminal behavior. We won't put up with it.

Complete garbage. Fact was as stated Brees was referring to people disrespecting the flag our country and those who fought for our freedom. You have to go way outside the box in your narrative to put a racist spin on this. To say that he doesn't support black people in their plight because he supports those who died for our freedom is ignorance.
As far as I can see, nobody disrespected the flag. Kneeling is not a sign of disrespect in any other situation. Brees is choosing to be offended. Sounds like he is more worried about a flag than black lives. And that is the problem.

Fact was as stated Brees was referring to people disrespecting the flag our country and those who fought for our freedom. You have to go way outside the box in your narrative to put a racist spin on this. To say that he doesn't support black people in their plight because he supports those who died for our freedom is ignorance.

Explain how kneeling or doing anything other than the hand over heart is 'disprespecting our country'.

It's nothing of the sort. That's where you (and Brees) have it completely upside down IMO.

Drew explained his stance and it was about disrespecting the flag and those who fought for our freedom. It was never a race issue for him, people like you and the writer who stoked this mess are making it one
Right.

Drew said it was about disrespecting the flag.

Malcolm says its about protest.

Drew's characterization directly negates and dismisses Malcolm's position.

That negation and dismissal IS about race.

Some just can't see, refuse to see, or refuse to acknowledge it. They don't want to talk about systemic racism in an honest way because that will lead them to uncomfortable places.

I guess I do not see the issue with Drew's opininon. Drew has an opinion, fine. He makes some points, may be wrong on some others.
So why can't someone have an opinion that is 10 degrees off-center of what someone else thinks?
Malcolm Jenkins is HURT over someone's opinion? Sheesh! We all have different backgrounds and belief systems, and it is obvious that Malcom is requiring respect for his opinion, and slamming Drew for his (and even took him off his 'friends' list - he said, "I considered" him a friend).

Does he have to conform to your opinion? Why should he have to? Why does anyone have to? If you can't change someone's opinion by sitting, and talking about something, then move on.

In the long run, who cares ? It is HIS opinion. Everyone has one. Why do you care? Cripes! If I got upset about coworkers or friends who had different opinions, I would be eternally upset. That is like getting upset for someone being gay or people who don't like grits. That is them. Not everyone is going to champion your cause - especially in this age of mis-information.

I am 'meh' about Drew's statements, but really disappointed in Malcolm. Not surprised, but disappointed. Was Drew stupid to post it... prolly. But I did not know Malcom decided to one-up it.

I think this is all VERY childish.
^ This x 1000. Drew has an opinion that differed from what Jenkins and others thought it should be, and now Drew is raked over the coals? And by fans as well? The man has a right to his opinion. This cancel culture climate is ridiculous.

Were his comments incredibly insensitive given the scope of the situation? Absolutely. He might as well have gone to an LGBTQ rally and said he doesn’t really agree with gay marriage.

Should he have simply evaded the question totally? Absolutely.

Is Drew racist? Absolutely not.

I was disappointed when he didn’t kneel for Kaep and I’m still disappointed with these comments. I respect Drew as an Amazing QB, HOF player, father and husband but his comments were unacceptable to the black community today given everything that has transpired. He is entitled to his opinion and to live life the way he sees fit but right now the black community is calling on every race to show their support to help us even the playing field and quite frankly he failed to stand beside his brothers today.

Explain how kneeling or doing anything other than the hand over heart is 'disprespecting our country'.

It's nothing of the sort. That's where you (and Brees) have it completely upside down IMO.
Thank you. My grandpa is an 82 year old vet. He was with Brees at first, because he thought players were trying to force him to kneel. Once he realized it was Brees worried about what somebody else was doing, he was 100% against it. Freedom means protesting however you want, as long as it's peaceful.

When you attempt to impose your personal moral code on others and imply they are morally failing by not adhering, while saying nothing of compassion toward the underlying reason or reasoning for their own actions and moral reasoning, yeah, you’re being disrespectful(no one said he is racist).

On the other side, Jenkins/Colston, did not claim Brees is morally failing for not adhering to their personal moral code, no, they said he is failing for attempting to invalidate theirs.
Certain players believe in kneeling, Drew doesn’t. It’s as simple as that

Drew was asked a question and he answered it. He didn't insult Kap as Lebron intimated. He didn't say anything other than how he feels about the flag and anthem. It seems like a mob is forming that says it's not enough to be angry but everybody has to be angry in a certain way an approved way. I saw this murder and it hurt my soul. But I ain't gonna check in with you or anybody else about how I will respond to it.
No one said you had to or Drew but don’t get upset when your Black teammates WHOM live in this skin everyday . the same people Drew’s grandfather fought for to have equal rights are getting mistreated. Listen I’m not going to go back and forth on the issue because it’s pointless

Drew’s a grown man he said what he said ! And his teammates reacted accordingly. I said I don’t believe Drew is racist but oppression is real and you don’t even realize when your doing it that’s another conversationwe not ready to have though😅😀

Complete garbage. Fact was as stated Brees was referring to people disrespecting the flag our country and those who fought for our freedom. You have to go way outside the box in your narrative to put a racist spin on this. To say that he doesn't support black people in their plight because he supports those who died for our freedom is ignorance.
Asked about black people carrying their protest over police brutality and systemic racism into the season Brees made the cognitive decision not to speak toward their grievances but to focus on chastising their methods and declaring their potential protest morally unacceptable.

Spin it however you like.

Certain players believe in kneeling, Drew doesn’t. It’s as simple as that
Except when Drew uses a question about their grievences carrying over into the football season to make it about himself and his superior moral code and imply the people that think differently as morally wrong while saying nothing of the current grievances that are informing their decisions.

^ This x 1000. Drew has an opinion that differed from what Jenkins and others thought it should be, and now Drew is raked over the coals? And by fans as well? The man has a right to his opinion. This cancel culture climate is ridiculous.
Stop with this.

Would you be posting this comment if Drew had said "I think Georg Floyd deserved what he got?" No? So let's stop pretending that Drew's opinion and Malcolm's opinions just sort of cancel each other out - just because.

Opinions are subject to criticism. If you're critical of Malcolm's and supportive of Drew's, than make that case. But this "your opinion is no better than mine" stuff is just refusing to take a side.

And no, I don't think Drew is a racist or a bad person. I think he made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom