Malcolm Jenkins Passionate response to Drew Brees! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what was funny. You think someone is trying to disrespect America?
Try and think back to any event you've attended, especially a Saints game, what does the PA say before the anthem is sung/played? Is it not something to the effect of "please stand for the anthem in honor of all those who have fought for our freedoms"? Purposefully and repeatedly not standing was intended as a clear act of disrespect (we aren't talking about someone with health issues, but someone intentionally refusing to stand in protest). The person doing it knows full well his action will be seen as disrespectful - that is the purpose -- he does so in order to make his action MORE noticed. 3 years later, you can go back and change the narrative and say that "now, that is not what that means", but you can't honestly look anyone in the eye and say the original action wasn't aimed to offend and spark the question "why are you doing this".

If what he was doing wasn't actively trying to disrespect America, it never would have gotten the attention it did nor sparked the debate it did. It's disingenuous to claim he wasn't trying to show disrespect.

Try and think back to any event you've attended, especially a Saints game, what does the PA say before the anthem is sung/played? Is it not something to the effect of "please stand for the anthem in honor of all those who have fought for our freedoms"? Purposefully and repeatedly not standing was intended as a clear act of disrespect (we aren't talking about someone with health issues, but someone intentionally refusing to stand in protest). The person doing it knows full well his action will be seen as disrespectful - that is the purpose -- he does so in order to make his action MORE noticed. 3 years later, you can go back and change the narrative and say that "now, that is not what that means", but you can't honestly look anyone in the eye and say the original action wasn't aimed to offend and spark the question "why are you doing this".

If what he was doing wasn't actively trying to disrespect America, it never would have gotten the attention it did nor sparked the debate it did. It's disingenuous to claim he wasn't trying to show disrespect.
I think the focus seems to be on symbolism that I could care less about. The flag wasn't created by God. It isn't sacred. The act of standing with a hand over our heart. The song. That's all just tradition and symbolism. I care about the American people. I could care less about symbols and traditions. The people who came up with them were probably racists too.

Our team is split. Itis over. Brees will retire and Jameis Winston will be our QB. What ever happened to "keeping it in house"? They could have talked to him and let him do a mea culpa. Instead they raced for the nearest computer and attacked. We will probably win 3 games next year but we can say we are socially conscious.

It's on Drew dude. It's on him, and him alone.

You acknowledge the systemic disadvantage black people still face today but then state you take issue with Jenkins acknowledging the existence of that privilege toward those that benefit from it? If the statement is racist it is because the statement reflects a racist reality born out by a system perpetuating it. How acknowledging that is a sin only makes sense if you are of the mind that acknowledging that reality is wrong and wish to suppress it.

And the world being on fire doesn’t mean the response necessitates or is best served by panic. So that statement makes little sense though you think it profound. The Civil Rights Act was achieved in a time where the world was on fire, not by violence, not by peace, but by both. One informed the other, and one reminded the system the other was out there and forced change. Fire can be put out by a rush of water, it can also be put out by a an absence of oxygen. Fire does not have to be put out by fire.

And when did the flag represent inequality and racism? Literally always. The moment those issues cease to exist in America is the day America can start repairing her symbols, but it will likely take some time given the 100’s of years built up representing those others.

When did VBrees’s comments become disrespect? When he was asked to contextualize the current events and what it would mean if they decided to restart the protests of 2017 and instead decided to declare his moral code superior and why those not adhering to it are wrong, with no words for the current grievances his teammates may feel.

Much of the rest of that is a rambling, gargling mess devolving slowly into George Soros conspiracies.
It is not a "privilege" to "benefit" from a systematic disadvantage black people face. I do acknowledge systematic disadvantage. But I think the systematic disadvange is bigger than black vs non-black, it's more have vs have not. Almost all "benefits" equate to an advantage for the top 10% and specifically the top 1/2% of American household income holders... in other words, the rich, and the ultra rich. Almost every tax law that has been passed has benefited that group.

I do believe some of the systematic disadvantage was aimed specifically at the black population, especially things like funding for school systems coming from the community they live in and the founding of planned parenthood (read what the founder Margaret Sanger said about black people and her aims with Planned Parenthood). There are many other systematic disadvantages, but none equate to "privilege" for an entire race.

You would think some of those systematic disadvantages would be rectified in a city or state where nearly all the elected officials are exclusively black and have been black for decades, like Baltimore. But black, white, red, blue, the systematic disadvantages continue to exists and don't seem to change, and it doesn't effect exclusively black population; but rather, the entire population that lives in those areas. Yet those representatives are re-elected, term after term, and not held accountable by the people they are supposed to represent and advocate for. Is that a systematic failure, or a failure of the constituents to be informed and demand more from their representatives and hold them accountable?

I take issue with Jenkins using that terminology. I take issue with the activists forcing people to get on their knees and apologize for "privilege". I find that absurd and racist and divisive, and the opposite of trying to remedy or heal. Privilege is not the correct word.

The world being on fire, to me, literally means the world being on fire - all the businesses and buildings that are being burned to the ground during "peaceful protests". If the protests were peaceful, activists wouldn't be burning down Wendy's and Autozone. Cities wouldn't look like a war zone with businesses being burned to the ground... many owned by black people. If Jenkins meant something different with that particular phrase, either he isn't watching the news or he used a very poor choice of words.

BlackDeathsAbortion.jpg

An example of white privilege is when I got a job a few years ago. I later found out a black guy interviewed for my job before I did. I also knew by then, that since the plant manager was racist, that whoever that guy was never had a chance. I may have been more qualified, idk. But even if I wasn't, I know he still wouldn't have gotten that job. That's the privilege of being white when racist white men are in charge.
If the plant manager didn't like white people, and hired only koreans, would that make every korean privileged? If the plant manager was black and decided to hire his family instead of competent and qualified people, would that make the entire black race privileged? Calling an entire race privileged implies that every person of that race in charge is racist. Racism still exists. But when the majority of white voters elect a black man to be President twice, you can't at the same time imply the majority of whites are racist.

I think the focus seems to be on symbolism that I could care less about. The flag wasn't created by God. It isn't sacred. The act of standing with a hand over our heart. The song. That's all just tradition and symbolism. I care about the American people. I could care less about symbols and traditions. The people who came up with them were probably racists too.
Now you aren't being honest with the question and changing the subject. I'm personally not offended if someone doesn't stand... never was offended by that. But I'm not about to pretend what Kap did wasn't meant to be disrespectful up until the point it was noticed and sparked the intended reaction.

How many of those were unarmed?

I can give you 2019 stats....

unarmed black men killed by police: 9
unarmed white men killed by police: 19

where was the outrage and riots when any of those 19 white men were killed? huh? can you name one of those white men that lost their lives? of course you cant because the media wont report on that because it doesn't support the "rAciSt aGEnDa"

where was the outrage and riots when any of those 19 white men were killed? huh? can you name one of those white men that lost their lives? of course you cant because the media wont report on that because it doesn't support the "rAciSt aGEnDa"

Bullshirt

You missed the point. I may have been unclear. The whithering ideology I'm talking about is thinking that just because you feel strongly about something that differing opinions render people bad. The ideology that my emotions alone should strengthen my argument more than sound reasoning. The argument isn't whether black people are targeted by cops or our history but rather if disrespecting the country by kneeling should just be accepted without dissent.
It's like being married. If all you have is contempt and no compliments maybe you need to reassess some things.

The hypocrisy is astounding. One race country cares about because it gets the ratings and the agenda of the media the other it could give two hoots about. What is wrong with that people? Country is getting tired of it . The hypocrisy is out of control and is all media based bullshirt. We should care about every single person in this country regardless of race is how it should be but that damn sure isn't what's going on is it?

After watching Jenkins video I'm a little shocked that he isn't more reasonable and rational. It came off as emotional manipulation and a lot of assumptions about Drew.
Hard to respect the lagging attention he's given to all of the black lives lost at the hand of other black men. They far outweigh that of the police. Drew isn't your enemy. Blinding bitterness may be.

Real talk...

like actors, don't take athlete's opinion for anything more than that, an opinion.

agree with or not (btw, i don't at all, whatsoever), brees was in the wrong for even commenting on this. a blanket statement is all that was necessary.

he has his own beliefs, but being a part of an organization paying you extremely well to do your passion, you are a public face for your company. don't say anything that will ultimately affect your employer, and coworkers. it not only looks bad on you, but the organization and people you work with. stay neutral at best. this is a huge negative on your fan base.

infact, just keep your thoughts to yourself.

when no longer paid, aka retired, knock yourself out with your unpopular views on whatever. just keep that sheet to yourself until then.
lol. i love how people are too pursey sheet to respond after a negative post. i honour
your opinions, but don't be a birch by not posting them.

i'm open to my own thoughts, but i can take negativity, even at the stupidest form, but atleast reply as to why. i don't even even care if only a word. just don't be a birch about it.

i doubt anything that i posted is not thought by the majority of our fanbase. challenge me head on instead of a fly by night random expression of a click of an icon.

at the end of the day, i am right. you are wrong. just own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom