Malcolm Jenkins Passionate response to Drew Brees! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure none of these guys have Drew Brees phone number and they will have to go on social media and talk about it. Pick up the phone and talk to the man if you have a problem with what he said.

Ding ding. If they were truly as passionate as the act they’re putting on, they would be at Drew’s house or on the phone. Not building their image on social media

Come on down Winston

Jenkins
Davis
Jordan
Sanders
Or SUPERSTARS AND VERY VoCAL PLAYERS IN THIS LEAUGE .
This can turn pretty ugly pretty quick real quick I’m black and I feel like I’m this time Drew should’ve shut up kept his comments to himself. This is much deeper than anything this locker room has ever been through

Come on down Winston

Jenkins
Davis
Jordan
Sanders
Or SUPERSTARS AND VERY VoCAL PLAYERS IN THIS LEAUGE .
This can turn pretty ugly pretty quick real quick I’m black and I feel like I’m this time Drew should’ve shut up kept his comments to himself. This is much deeper than anything this locker room has ever been through
It's good Drew spoke his mind. Now he needs to listen and learn and adjust his viewpoint, and accept why this is so important.

This is such an emotionally explosive subject. Even if we white folks don't like to admit it, racism is still deeply embedded in our country. Two years ago, I taught a class at U of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Within hours, I felt like I had stepped back 50-years in time. In Austin, we don't have many strong problems with gross racism. It's here, but in Tuscaloosa, it's still crazy deep.

I was in a micro brewery and started talking to some of the professors. They say that racism against blacks in Tuscaloosa has not improved much in their lifetimes. One of the professors joked that any star UA football player could date any white girl he wanted. That may have been funny to them, but it was a sign of deep prejudice implying that if you were a black man and not a star player, you couldn't date white girls.

This issue needs to be addressed or it will explode again. Is a pro player making $8 million a year calling out his QB on social media the way to handle it? I love Jenkins. Cut my wrists when he left, but this should have been handled between the 2 of them. And for whatever reason of disagreement, I agree that this could be trouble for the team. Jenkins is a real leader on the field and in the locker room. We don't neer our leader of DBs having serious unresolved issues with our QB.

It's good Drew spoke his mind. Now he needs to listen and learn and adjust his viewpoint, and accept why this is so important.
Not just good advice for Drew, but a lot of us. Yet, some people care more about how this is going to affect the W-L column than actually listening and thinking about what Malcolm said.

He should have kept this between himself and DB. Not good for the team to have this played out over social media. Lack of judgement by both on this issue. Sadly

Problem is that Brees put his opinion out in the media first. A public statement deserves a public reply.

It’s to late for that brother have you seen his teammates reactions to his comments ! Sanders calling him ignorant Jenkins telling him to SHUT THE ..... UP
Kamara calling him the opposition MIKE telling him he should kno better . Lattimore retweeting Lebron comments it will surely test this locker room and be interesting to see. DREW dropped the ball he’s had black teammates his entire career his entire Oline and Offense Team mates or black except what 5-6? At this point if you don’t understand you don’t want you or really just that selfish either way he’s still a All time great I don’t think he’s a racist but like I said he should’ve sheet up or maybe called Jenkins before not after he did the interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom