Malcolm Jenkins Passionate response to Drew Brees! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why kneel during the national anthem other than to get a rise out of some folks? How naive are the players to not have the understanding that kneeling during a time of reverence and reflection could possibly be perceived as disrespectful by a portion of the population? It boggles the mind. Then they try to shame or name call those who feel offended or don’t agree with their opinion.

Drew Brees’ love and respect for his teammates has never been questioned. He has always shown a thoughtful understanding and support for important social issues impacting today’s society. I reckon Drew Brees has meant more and done more for the city of New Orleans through his personal time and philanthropy than every Saints player that has wore the black and gold combined. He’s walked the walk, been a pillar of excellence on and off the field, rock solid integrity, and the true definition of what a role model is and can be. Yet he has a different opinion on a hotly debated subject and all the good will he has accomplished is simply dismissed. For Malcolm Jenkins to go straight to social media with that video is unforgivable in my eyes. You want to address a grievance with the captain of your team, maybe the most important transitional figure to ever grace the city of New Olreans through a social media gotcha video ? For that I onlyHave two words for you. Frick you.

Why kneel during the national anthem other than to get a rise out of some folks? How naive are the players to not have the understanding that kneeling during a time of reverence and reflection could possibly be perceived as disrespectful by a portion of the population? It boggles the mind. Then they try to shame or name call those who feel offended or don’t agree with their opinion.

Drew Brees’ love and respect for his teammates has never been questioned. He has always shown a thoughtful understanding and support for important social issues impacting today’s society. I reckon Drew Brees has meant more and done more for the city of New Orleans through his personal time and philanthropy than every Saints player that has wore the black and gold combined. He’s walked the walk, been a pillar of excellence on and off the field, rock solid integrity, and the true definition of what a role model is and can be. Yet he has a different opinion on a hotly debated subject and all the good will he has accomplished is simply dismissed. For Malcolm Jenkins to go straight to social media with that video is unforgivable in my eyes. You want to address a grievance with the captain of your team, maybe the most important transitional figure to ever grace the city of New Olreans through a social media gotcha video ? For that I onlyHave two words for you. Frick you.

What have you done to personally fight back against police brutality and institutional injustice?

It is to get everyone's attention. It's a cry for help. It's a call to arms (in the fight against racism). That's the way I see it at least. The point has never been to get a rise out of anyone. It's about getting America back to step 1. Admitting there is still a problem.

I will never understand how people can’t see that kneeling during the anthem is perceived by many, many people as extremely disrespectful and as hating the symbols of their nation and therefore hating said nation. And having been told over and over for three years how this act is received by many it seems like one would choose a different means to protest police violence that doesn’t offend large swaths of the population, and risk losing support for their important cause.

Because the symbols are more important than the people?

Wondering how this will affect the season is a natural response, but wondering how this will affect the issue at hand is the correct response. It’s sad to see how this is going down, but I have to say that, if it creates positive change that has not been able to be achieved previously, this infighting (for lack of a better word) will be worth it. This feels very different than previous protests and I suppose it should. Brees and Jenkins both could have handled it better, but hopefully a little discomfort here will lend itself to the greater good... of ALL Americans.

Let’s remember to be respectful here during these discussions. We’re all brothers and Americans and we all deserve to be heard and treated with respect.

Dont bow down Drew Brees. Don't bow to the woke god's of this ever changing culture. They want to force their opinions while telling everyone else to be quiet about theirs.
It's the weak tool of people whose ideology whither in the light of reasoning.

I won't say I understand the pain that blacks felt seeing this arrogant !@#$ murder a black man in handcuffs. I have friends that I work with though and I can see it in them. I just will say that everything everybody thought of Drew before shouldn't be thrown out the window for a perceived disrespect or disregard for how others feel.
I agree.

Wondering how this will affect the season is a natural response, but wondering how this will affect the issue at hand is the correct response. It’s sad to see how this is going down, but I have to say that, if it creates positive change that has not been able to be achieved previously, this infighting (for lack of a better word) will be worth it. This feels very different than previous protests and I suppose it should. Brees and Jenkins both could have handled it better, but hopefully a little discomfort here will lend itself to the greater good... of ALL Americans.

Let’s remember to be respectful here during these discussions. We’re all brothers and Americans and we all deserve to be heard and treated with respect.
Not saying this is good for Brees at all. But maybe having someone of his stature to debate his stance (and hopefully come to realize how wrong it is) can cause him and possibly many others to see things differently.

Idk, I'm just trying to look on the bright side.

Drew owes him nothing. He can have his opinion and his actions already speak for themselves. That's the problem I have with posturing like Jenkins. It's calling for submission when Brees has by all accounts been nothing but a good friend to all. At that point it's less about understanding and more about public moral manipulation. That's no way to win hearts and minds.

Dont bow down Drew Brees. Don't bow to the woke god's of this ever changing culture. They want to force their opinions while telling everyone else to be quiet about theirs.
This is what's wrong. Too many people interpreting requests for listening and empathy as "bowing down" and "forcing your opinions on me."

What whithering ideology is that exactly? The one screaming out for justice because that think unarmed, non-resisting black men shouldnt be killed by police at a 6 to 1 ratio compared to white people? That ultimately no one should?

"If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

Justice William Brennan, writing for the majority in the flag burning case, Texas v Johnson,491 U.S. 397 (1989). Justice Antonin Scalia was also in the majority.

like actors, don't take athlete's opinion for anything more than that, an opinion.

agree with or not (btw, i don't at all, whatsoever), brees was in the wrong for even commenting on this. a blanket statement is all that was necessary.

he has his own beliefs, but being a part of an organization paying you extremely well to do your passion, you are a public face for your company. don't say anything that will ultimately affect your employer, and coworkers. it not only looks bad on you, but the organization and people you work with. stay neutral at best. this is a huge negative on your fan base.

infact, just keep your thoughts to yourself.

when no longer paid, aka retired, knock yourself out with your unpopular views on whatever. just keep that sheet to yourself until then.

No one is mad that he loves the country and the flag. People are mad that in a time like this he would deflect from the purpose of the protest, which has been stated for years wasn’t disrespectful. All Drew has to say was I have my own beliefs on the protest and I stand by them.
he was asked a direct question and gave an honest answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom