Malcolm Jenkins Passionate response to Drew Brees! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I do not see the issue with Drew's opininon. Drew has an opinion, fine. He makes some points, may be wrong on some others.
So why can't someone have an opinion that is 10 degrees off-center of what someone else thinks?
Malcolm Jenkins is HURT over someone's opinion? Sheesh! We all have different backgrounds and belief systems, and it is obvious that Malcom is requiring respect for his opinion, and slamming Drew for his (and even took him off his 'friends' list - he said, "I considered" him a friend).

Does he have to conform to your opinion? Why should he have to? Why does anyone have to? If you can't change someone's opinion by sitting, and talking about something, then move on.

In the long run, who cares ? It is HIS opinion. Everyone has one. Why do you care? Cripes! If I got upset about coworkers or friends who had different opinions, I would be eternally upset. That is like getting upset for someone being gay or people who don't like grits. That is them. Not everyone is going to champion your cause - especially in this age of mis-information.

I am 'meh' about Drew's statements, but really disappointed in Malcolm. Not surprised, but disappointed. Was Drew stupid to post it... prolly. But I did not know Malcom decided to one-up it.

I think this is all VERY childish.

I didn't know people thought that if you took a knee then you hated America. Taking a knee is disrespectful otherwise Kaep wouldn't have gotten permission from a Veteran before doing it. I still don't agree that a single Veteran can give away free kneeling cards but that doesn't matter to me anymore. The message is more important.

Its america you free to do what you want. You can kneel stand fart like it has no effect on anyone If it bothers anyone maybe they dont believe in america's first amendment. Maybe they hate america maybe they disrespecting the flag. Thats what i now believe i just made it up but who cares its america or is it not. I dont understand who made up these rules on what respectful and whats disrespectul. Veterans choose to join the military. Like do veterans really say im joining the military everyone better stand in america cuz im in the military. Like wth are is anyone talking bout. This the problem everyone full of the head in their butt. Brees has an opinion i disagree i still like brees its his right. But it aint more than opinion we all have a million of em.

With that said police should probably stop killing blac... oops im sorry americans in such a disrespectful manner. Maybe veterans should take up for bla.. i mean the americans they care so much about.

It’s the internet. Social media will always add fuel to the fire.

See how quickly Drew is getting dragged?
You think the reason he's getting dragged is because of the internet? The internet is just a means of conveyance of information. It does not create issues or cause people to do something. It's just allows easier access and collaboration. It's not fuel to the fire; it is the fire.

It's good Drew spoke his mind. Now he needs to listen and learn and adjust his viewpoint, and accept why this is so important.

Why is there an assumption that Drew has not heard the arguments in favor of kneeling before football games during the national anthem? This has been an issue for many years.

It is possible to have listened to other viewpoints and still personally disagree.

I will never understand how people interpret this as hating America. If you kneel during the anthem to protest police violence doesn't that show you want to make America a better place? It seems like that would be showing love for a country not hate.

I will never understand how people can’t see that kneeling during the anthem is perceived by many, many people as extremely disrespectful and as hating the symbols of their nation and therefore hating said nation. And having been told over and over for three years how this act is received by many it seems like one would choose a different means to protest police violence that doesn’t offend large swaths of the population, and risk losing support for their important cause.

If i was Brees I’d walk away from the game and let Winston lead the team to a 4-12 year. That will make Jenkins kamara Thomas Sanders happy. What a world we live in when a guy cant pass an opinion about the national anthem without getting called a racist!!!
Lmao you think DREW IS THE REASON WERE WINNING? I thought it was a team effort 🙄 last I check we went 5-0 with a mediocre game manger without Drew Winston is the definition of a gun slinger no worse than Drew when he arrived we’d be fine with this defense and talent on O

I will never understand how people can’t see that kneeling during the anthem is perceived by many, many people as extremely disrespectful and as hating the symbols of their nation and therefore hating said nation. And having been told over and over for three years how this act is received by many it seems like one would choose a different means to protest police violence that doesn’t offend large swaths of the population, and risk losing support for their important cause.
Your perception of his protest has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning of his protest

Come on down Winston

Jenkins
Davis
Jordan
Sanders
Or SUPERSTARS AND VERY VoCAL PLAYERS IN THIS LEAUGE .
This can turn pretty ugly pretty quick real quick I’m black and I feel like I’m this time Drew should’ve shut up kept his comments to himself. This is much deeper than anything this locker room has ever been through
Drew was asked a question and he answered it. He didn't insult Kap as Lebron intimated. He didn't say anything other than how he feels about the flag and anthem. It seems like a mob is forming that says it's not enough to be angry but everybody has to be angry in a certain way an approved way. I saw this murder and it hurt my soul. But I ain't gonna check in with you or anybody else about how I will respond to it.

No one is mad that he loves the country and the flag. People are mad that in a time like this he would deflect from the purpose of the protest, which has been stated for years wasn’t disrespectful. All Drew has to say was I have my own beliefs on the protest and I stand by them.

Bro, are you even on the internet? Brees was being chastised because he made a "generic statement" yesterday.

Got to love the days of social media, where when you have a problem with someone, you call them out publicly. I feel like we're living in a real-life, drama reality show. That's my problem with this. Brees probably shouldn't have shared his opinion on this, again. He was definitely baited. Jenkins has every right to disagree, but he shouldn't be calling this kind of attention to our team. It's one thing to state an opinion, but to put a teammate under this kind of microscope, it's only going to go viral and cause strife. I can see both of their sides, and I think they are both legitimate. Regardless of what I think, and what they think, we just don't need this, teammates turning on each other, and especially putting it out for public viewing. But that's just my opinion.

Drew was asked a question and he answered it. He didn't insult Kap as Lebron intimated. He didn't say anything other than how he feels about the flag and anthem. It seems like a mob is forming that says it's not enough to be angry but everybody has to be angry in a certain way an approved way. I saw this murder and it hurt my soul. But I ain't gonna check in with you or anybody else about how I will respond to it.
To be clear though, Drew said he'd never agree with someone "disrespecting" the flag - i.e., he equates players kneeling to disrespect rather than protesting an injustice. So black players rightfully feel he doesn't "get it."

And Drew doesn't have to kneel. No one's ever said that. But I can see how black players view his comments as disrespectful of their experiences.

What does this even mean? Apply it to this situation, please.

It's only PC when it's something you don't agree with. Kap wasn't PC so he got can

I wouldn't expect you to understand. That's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom