Malcolm Jenkins Passionate response to Drew Brees! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very different.
No it's not. This is absurd. A discussion usually involves listening to the other person's words to understand where he is coming from. In today's social and mainstream media - especially in the realm of celebrity or politicians, "open discussion" is only allowed if you agree with the narrative being pushed. Otherwise, they resort to name calling, claiming racism, bigotism, and any other means of attack they see fit.

Burning the flag is anarchy. It does not convey "I'm upset with social inequality or social injustice". It conveys "I hate this country and everything it stands for".

Looting and rioting are anarchy doesn't convey "I'm grieving over something almost everyone else in America views as malicious and appalling". It conveys "I don't give a sheet about seeking justice, I'm all about opportunity".

Neither of those actions do a damn thing to further discussion or inspire positive change. They don't help a single iota. Their rhetoric is what is divisive. 99.5% of Americans who saw what happened to George Floyd are appalled and outraged.

If Lebron, MT, Jenkins, and whomever wants to have a fit that Drew said he will never agree with anyone who disrespects the flag or our country, let them. They have the right to. That's the great thing about the 1st amendment - not that it protects the 99 people who agree, but that it guarantees protection and a voice for the 1 who thinks differently. If Jenkins and others wish to enter into discussion, perhaps they should study a little history. What the police are doing is not disproportionate to black people; only the mainstream media's reporting is.

factssss.jpg

DemsRepubsRacism.jpgDemsHarmedBlackPop.jpg

Seems to me the media is very misleading. Also seems, if I were black and lived in a place like Baltimore, I'd be holding those I elected a little bit more accountable for the social inequality and injustice in my neighborhood - as they've had black mayors and house/senate reps for decades, who ain't did a damn thing. In other words, I do believe the "outrage" (and I use quotation marks, because nothing says I'm outraged like looting from Macy's and burning down black owned small businesses) is directed in the wrong direction.

If they want change, start with the damn representatives you voted for. Use your vote and hold them accountable. USE the system - which is built precisely to give you the power to make these types of change by the power of your vote and voice (not bricks, Molotov cocktails, and 2x4's), and not by deriding anyone who is offended by something other than what you find offensive, such as disrespecting the flag or country.

Oh wow, I see you're a fan of the Ailes network.
No it's not. This is absurd. A discussion usually involves listening to the other person's words to understand where he is coming from. In today's social and mainstream media - especially in the realm of celebrity or politicians, "open discussion" is only allowed if you agree with the narrative being pushed. Otherwise, they resort to name calling, claiming racism, bigotism, and any other means of attack they see fit.

Burning the flag is anarchy. It does not convey "I'm upset with social inequality or social injustice". It conveys "I hate this country and everything it stands for".

Looting and rioting are anarchy doesn't convey "I'm grieving over something almost everyone else in America views as malicious and appalling". It conveys "I don't give a sheet about seeking justice, I'm all about opportunity".

Neither of those actions do a damn thing to further discussion or inspire positive change. They don't help a single iota. Their rhetoric is what is divisive. 99.5% of Americans who saw what happened to George Floyd are appalled and outraged.

If Lebron, MT, Jenkins, and whomever wants to have a fit that Drew said he will never agree with anyone who disrespects the flag or our country, let them. They have the right to. That's the great thing about the 1st amendment - not that it protects the 99 people who agree, but that it guarantees protection and a voice for the 1 who thinks differently. If Jenkins and others wish to enter into discussion, perhaps they should study a little history. What the police are doing is not disproportionate to black people; only the mainstream media's reporting is.

factssss.jpg

Seems to me the media is very misleading. Also seems, if I were black and lived in a place like Baltimore, I'd be holding those I elected a little bit more accountable for the social inequality and injustice in my neighborhood - as they've had black mayors and house/senate reps for decades, who ain't did a damn thing. In other words, I do believe the "outrage" (and I use quotation marks, because nothing says I'm outraged like looting from Macy's and burning down black owned small businesses) is directed in the wrong direction.

If they want change, start with the damn representatives you voted for. Use your vote and hold them accountable. USE the system - which is built precisely to give you the power to make these types of change by the power of your vote and voice (not bricks, Molotov cocktails, and 2x4's).

factssss.jpg

If they want change, start with the damn representatives you voted for. Use your vote and hold them accountable. USE the system - which is built precisely to give you the power to make these types of change by the power of your vote and voice (not bricks, Molotov cocktails, and 2x4's), and not by deriding anyone who is offended by something other than what you find offensive, such as disrespecting the flag or country.
How many of those were unarmed?

To be clear though, Drew said he'd never agree with someone "disrespecting" the flag - i.e., he equates players kneeling to disrespect rather than protesting an injustice. So black players rightfully feel he doesn't "get it."

And Drew doesn't have to kneel. No one's ever said that. But I can see how black players view his comments as disrespectful of their experiences.
I won't say I understand the pain that blacks felt seeing this arrogant !@#$ murder a black man in handcuffs. I have friends that I work with though and I can see it in them. I just will say that everything everybody thought of Drew before shouldn't be thrown out the window for a perceived disrespect or disregard for how others feel.

Wish i could tell you, Lord knows the media never asked.
Sure seems to me like a black man is more likely to be shot while reaching for his wallet than myself (a white man). And that's just not right. We aren't far enough removed from slavery for anyone to seriously believe there aren't a ton of racist cops. There is a problem. We just have to acknowledge it. Especially white people.

Edit:
I've seen enough of your posts to believe that you are against murder. I believe that as white people, we want to believe we are on an equal playing field. But doesn't your gut tell you something is wrong? I've met too many racist people. We just aren't far enough removed from slavery. So I know plenty of that same hatred is in the police force (and everywhere else).

At the end of the day, we should all agree that black lives matter. That doesn't mean you support riots. It means you are against the murder of innocent black men. And I know you and Brees are both against that. I just don't get why it's so hard to say.

Last edited:

factssss.jpg

Very well said PJ and that is indeed the problem, fact is very few are educated, very very few
I’m guessing you both skipped over this part of history huh?

I don't usually comment on serious things on this board.

I come here to have fun.

I love Drew and everything about him shows he is a good person.

But this was a big mistake.

If you watch Jenkins' video and don't understand his frustration then I don't know what to say to you.
Hope to see more posts from you. I agree 100%.

Oh, BIG TIME. Huge apologist for the right-wing all while claiming he isn't political.
Never claimed i am not political. My claim is that I hate politics. That doesn't mean i don't have values and opinions. But more than that, i hate when the news lies and almost across the board is partisan.

Perhaps the surgeon took the wrong eye. I've hundreds more examples, but they wouldn't further the discussion.Screenshot_20200601-214402_Samsung Internet.jpgCoronavirus-CBS_fake News-ItalyFootage-notNYC.pngMSMcovidPanic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom