Malcolm Jenkins says Saints cornerbacks duo may be the best he's played with (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The secondary might be the strength of the New Orleans Saints defense this year, and veteran safety Malcolm Jenkins has a good idea why that could be the case. He’s seeing it every day in practice when cornerbacks Marshon Lattimore and Janoris Jenkins are making his job easier.

“For me, and without knocking anybody I’ve played with, I don’t think I’ve played with a tandem who are both as talented as Marshon and Janoris,” Jenkins said in his media conference call after Thursday’s training camp session.

It also helps to take the pressure off of Lattimore. If the youngster (Lattimore turned 24 back in May) is struggling in his matchup with, say, Michael Thomas, then the Saints can swap him with Jenkins to see if his greater experience can help find an edge. But being able to trot out either of them at will is a big boost for the safeties.

not to mention the added bonus that neither will actually get tasked with covering MT when it will count against them :D

It also helps to take the pressure off of Lattimore. If the youngster (Lattimore turned 24 back in May) is struggling in his matchup with, say, Michael Thomas, then the Saints can swap him with Jenkins to see if his greater experience can help find an edge. But being able to trot out either of them at will is a big boost for the safeties.

It seems like this writer doesn't know very much about the Saints. Lattimore is clearly better than Jackrabbit, and isn't a "youngster" who struggles with match-ups. Lattimore's only struggles have come when he doesn't take a lesser matchup seriously: he's shown up consistently against the best WR's.

Just a weird quote.

Greer/Porter > Lattimore/Jenkins

I think your wrong reason being even on their best year Greer and Porter were a little above avg , While Lattimore at his best can arguably say he’s the best in the game. As for Jack Rabbit his best is more comparable to Greer than Porter and I think that says a lot about the strength of the Outside CBs this season

Well,f I certainly hope so! That would be refreshing. Remember 2 years ago when we opened up against the bucs and they lit us up? Lets not repeat that.
I hope the Saints punch the BUCS in the mouth both offensively and defensively to open the game then proceed to wear and grind them out.

Greer/Porter > Lattimore/Jenkins

I mean you can't argue with their results, especially in the post-season. Losing Greer left a giant hole in our secondary that took a long time to fill.

However, I think overall I'd have to disagree with this. Lattimore alone is better than all the other 3, so that gives him to edge over Greer and even if JackRabbit is equal to Tracy Porter, then Lattimore gives them the edge as a duo.

But, to unseat the kings you have to beat the kings...

It's just really nice to have 2 solid CBs again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom