Malcolm Jenkins!!! (1 Viewer)

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
how about our first round draft pick showing some heart on special teams

he hasnt earned a spot on the defense but he is sure as hell playing his heart out on special teams.....chasing down a long kickoff return against the lions and causing the fumble against the eagles

after he got burned against calvin johnson he has come back strong and im looking forward to see his hard work pay off sometime this season

How about the big stick on Jackson on the sideline on the punt return! Nice hit!

That was a nice stick!!!! I loved the sound of that pop when they kept replaying it.

That's where it starts for some rookies, IMO. I think being picked in the first round, some guys think they're supposed to come in and play without having to earn anything, and apparently, this isn't the case with Jenkins. He's trying to earn respect by making big plays on special teams, and little by little, will probably be worked into the defense. I didn't know he was as fast as he's shown.

AT is a great place for him to start making a name for himself on this team. As he progresses, he'll get his chances on the D.

Good solid play by him on ST yesterday. Let's see more of that!

ST plays a huge part in a young player's development because it's where they build confidence early in their careers. It's a chance for them to catch mentally with the speed of the game without carrying the added burden of the intricacies of a defensive scheme.

Malcolm has a date on November 2, and that is with Tony Gonzalez. That is the key date for him.

Let's face it: our corners can cover anybody right now, specially with the help of our safeties. Shanle is doing well on coverage, but Gonzalez is a different kind of player. I wouldn't put Gay or Harper to go after him.

Jenkins will have time to cover talended TE's 3 weeks earlier by playing the jets, giants and dolphins. I think there is where we were start to see Malcolm getting action at the secondary.

That's where it starts for some rookies, IMO. I think being picked in the first round, some guys think they're supposed to come in and play without having to earn anything, and apparently, this isn't the case with Jenkins. He's trying to earn respect by making big plays on special teams, and little by little, will probably be worked into the defense. I didn't know he was as fast as he's shown.

I agree, you need to earn it on special teams even if you are a first round pick. Ed Reed plays on a number of units on special teams. Hopefully, Malcolm will continue to play well on the kickoff unit and it will spill over when he plays on defense.

He's in the perfect situation. Play excellent special teams for a year. Will probably convert to saftey during next off season, and has a year or two to learn from one the best that ever played. Cant ask for any more.

I can see Jenkins being groomed as the eventual successor to Sharper at free safety. I'm not sure if he has the quickness to be a cover corner or not. His special teams play yesterday was very good.

Harper has done well against the run, his tackling has improved, and he's a good blitzer. However, his coverage skills are still suspect. I think he blew the coverage on Jackson yesterday. He can't cover Gonzalez, but then neither can most NFL safeties.

Let's stay focused on Buffalo ... and only the Bills.

did anybody see Jenkins split the double coverage on the punt.... that man is gonna be a beast by the end of the season... unfreaking stopable.... he should be known as Malcom "Jammer" Jenkins!

Yea he really looked good as a gunner (a position I thought would be key to stopping Deshaun Jackson)... split through the blocks... they were never able to get a good hat on him. He looked just as good/if not better than Roby and Usama Young.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom