Malcolm Jenkins (1 Viewer)

He's made some really fine plays on ST.

That's all JA has done for three years..

The reason I made the comparison is because I've heard both were Tweeners coming out and both were picked around the same spot.

MJ will be great in time. He has the perfect mentor (Darren Sharper) to learn from. No need for him to step in right now.

Your right about that!

Actually he's wrong about that..as stated earlier, he did play against NYG, and sometimes with Malcolm in the game, our ST units as a whole haven't done well anyway. Albeit, he is a great ST'er, and will be a good football player with some experience

That's all JA has done for three years..

The reason I made the comparison is because I've heard both were Tweeners coming out and both were picked around the same spot.

I guess we will find out in time, but I don't think anyone who is familiar with our D is the least bit surprised that he is not starting. We did not expect him to at the begining of the year and we certainly don't want that now that we have seen how well the vets are playing.

I don't really see him getting much time at nickel. We have a player who has played that role very well too.

With the way Porter & Greer are playing this season, I see us moving him to safety.

From his play on ST (two forced fumbles) the truth about his nose for the ball from draft scouting reports seems to be dead on. He just doesn't have the full instincts and moves for the full speed NFL yet. I'd hoped that he'd push Gay for the nickel by midseason, but as Williams says, you can't make the club from the tub. He's still looking like he has the fluidity and enough speed (despite the draft hype) to make it as a nickel then corner based on what I've seen so far (mostly pre-season). It's just hard with a young Porter and Greer playing lights out to see him doing more than moving beyond Gay unless disaster strikes us at CB again. We're leading the league in INTs and PDs so far, so a hard nut to crack so far.

How's Vontae Davis doing for y'all? There was a lot of interest in him around here before the draft.

Him and Gay will duke it out all season for the nickel spot. Jenkins was already pushing Gay for that spot right before he got injured. I thought he overtook Gay for the spot at one point prior to his injury. I won't be surprised to see him completely overtake Gay by the end of the season. He's too much of a playmaker to leave on the bench.

As for the future, I'd like to see Jenkins as a Safety first and a Corner second. I think he'll develop into our only complete DB in time. I believe that he's the only guy on the roster who can truly succeed Sharper when he leaves or retires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom