Male "assistants" (1 Viewer)

Jux?

• Total voters

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And the employment discrimination lawyers on the board licked their chops....

Saintlady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I guess we have one. He probably doesn't like being called a secretary but he's basically a receptionist.

I think you would make a good male assistant cd. :hihi:

I take my coffee with cream and sugar.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I guess we have one. He probably doesn't like being called a secretary but he's basically a receptionist.

I used to call everyone in my office a secretary - even the paralegals. My wife heard me and said that was a no-no so I stopped.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We don't have a male secretary, and the girl posing in that role would prefer to be called an Office Manager. I found that out by referring to her as the secretary. She's the Office Manager and don't you forget it or she will not have a cake when you're birthday comes around.

Saintlady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
We don't have a male secretary, and the girl posing in that role would prefer to be called an Office Manager. I found that out by referring to her as the secretary. She's the Office Manager and don't you forget it or she will not have a cake when you're birthday comes around.

LOL! It's really funny bk. I have actually heard women say this before.

varanook

Toad
Reaction score

At leats yours forgets on purpose, ours does not even bother.

Saintlady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not proud. If it pays better than accounting I'll be a coffee gettin' fool.

23302843.jpg

I kinda like the idea of male secretary. :scratch:

OP
Hoyasaint

Hoyasaint

Banned
Reaction score
I used to call everyone in my office a secretary - even the paralegals. My wife heard me and said that was a no-no so I stopped.

I really dislike the prevailing use of 'assistant' that goes on nowadays. Your position = secretary not executive assistant, not assistant, secretary.

As far as calling everyone a secretary, its better than some of the older guys I used to work with would just call them 'the girl'.

"Just get the girl to copy it" "Get the girl to make more coffee" etc..

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I really dislike the prevailing use of 'assistant' that goes on nowadays. Your position = secretary not executive assistant, not assistant, secretary.

As far as calling everyone a secretary, its better than some of the older guys I used to work with would just call them 'the girl'.

I hear "the girl" quite often. With what I do I sure as hell make sure I don't say crap like that.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score

secretarys get coffee, remember birthdays and the like, and do generally anything you ask them to. Assistants do just up to thier job description and nothing more.

I had a male assistant that lasted about 9 months. Eventually they get uncomfortable with thier earnings vs yours and figure they can make just as much as you. Which is not neccessarily a bad trait, its just they will not stick around long. Now I have 2 female assistants, and aside from the occasional teary, emotional "why are you yelling at me" episodes, its much better and easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom