Male "assistants" (1 Viewer)

Jux?

• Total voters
I really dislike the prevailing use of 'assistant' that goes on nowadays. Your position = secretary not executive assistant, not assistant, secretary.

As far as calling everyone a secretary, its better than some of the older guys I used to work with would just call them 'the girl'.

"Just get the girl to copy it" "Get the girl to make more coffee" etc..

secretarys get coffee, remember birthdays and the like, and do generally anything you ask them to. Assistants do just up to thier job description and nothing more.

I had a male assistant that lasted about 9 months. Eventually they get uncomfortable with thier earnings vs yours and figure they can make just as much as you. Which is not neccessarily a bad trait, its just they will not stick around long. Now I have 2 female assistants, and aside from the occasional teary, emotional "why are you yelling at me" episodes, its much better and easier.

Actually I make it a practice to hire very attractive females. It helps business, but when the co-workers start hitting on them it's :nono: and they are reprimanded.

I really dislike the prevailing use of 'assistant' that goes on nowadays. Your position = secretary not executive assistant, not assistant, secretary.

As far as calling everyone a secretary, its better than some of the older guys I used to work with would just call them 'the girl'.

"Just get the girl to copy it" "Get the girl to make more coffee" etc..

So a "Secretary" who earns 200k a year doesn't deserve a different title from one who makes 25k annually?

Just asking.:idunno:

My Admin Asst is a young, hot woman who tried to be a homewrecker when she was first hired. Once I established that I was happily married, our working relationship was a little rough at first, and then she came around. Mind you, she still wears tight everything, lowcut everything, and she is Beyonceful, so some days are difficult and I have to close my office door. :mwink: She is a great employee though, and very easy on the eyes, so it works out well.
But I miss Janice :( - she's my former Assistant - she retired at the age of 62, after 32 years with the organization. She was a top notch professional, sweet, intelligent, well-organized, and loyal employee, and her shoes will never be filled. She and her husband both retired together, sold their home, and moved to a small home in the town where she grew up. It was like having my grandma at work with me - always tried to make me comfortable and happy, and helped any and everyone who needed it. She deserves her time now, though.

Oh, I always ask them what they want to be called, and let them have it their way. They do run the office, as you already know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom