Man Dissolved by Hot Spring Was Checking Temperature (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
This happen over the summer but the final report in now in. He melted. Tuff way to burn.

Man Dissolved by Hot Spring at Yellowstone National Park Was Checking Temperature

The report states that Oregon man Colin Nathaniel Scott, 23 and his sister Sable Scott were looking for a place for soaking, or "hot-potting," KULR-8 reports. The sister told authorities that her brother was reaching down to check the temperature of a pool around 225 yards from the boardwalk when he slipped and fell into what turned out to be a boiling, acidic pool. Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress describes the area as a "very unforgiving environment."

After Sable Scott went for help, park rangers were able to locate her brother's body, but they were unable to retrieve him because daylight was fading and a storm was approaching, the Guardian reports. There were no remains to be found the next day, and rescuers concluded that the "hot spring, coupled with its acidic nature, dissolved the remains." Sable Scott was recording video of her brother when the deadly accident happened, but officials say they won't release the video or even a description of it. The Washington Post notes that at least 22 people have died in Yellowstone's geysers since 1870, including a 20-year-old cook who got into the wrong pool when park employees held a "hot-potting" party in 1975.

Don't jump in the Hot Springs!

giphy.gif

My god!

There's so much stuff in the park that can kill you, I would just as soon just sit in the tub back at the lodge or wherever. Seeing a wild moose while I cook my giblets does nothing to add to the experience.

I was there this summer. People are idiots. Hey dumbo, the bison doesn't want to take a selfie with you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom