Man Escapes Possible 5 Year Prison Sentence After Police DashCam Surfaces (1 Viewer)

i'm sitting on my *** as "Carry on my wayward son" is played on radio to protest global warming...

...your right, i feel better already, glad i could to my part to make a difference for this important cause.

we don't need activists to address police corruption and abuse, we need police agencies and district attorneys to hold police officers accountable to the laws that exist as is their legal mandate, instead of allowing one set of laws for the civilian population, and another set of laws for enforcement officers.

Insulting the population at large who are just checking in for 3 hours of escapist entertainment doesn't do anything to further that cause from a rich spoiled athlete of privileged parents.

All this is is the media cycle making a mountain out of a mole hill. Won't effect a single internal affairs division, won't influence a single District Attorney's office. But a mediocre player who would have been cut save for his excessive salary cap number gets once last moment in the sun, as Sunday no will care what the player that got benched for Blane Gabbert has to say about anything.

people do care though. Obviously he's made you care, because you feel obligated to attack him.

If you don't care what he has to say, why are your bothering to tell him to shut up?

there are two reason why you are trained to yell stop resisting.
1. it makes you breath. I know it sounds weird but sometime when in a fight a person with hold their breath for periods of time.

2. it draws the attention of the public and they can be witnesses to what is going on.

glad these dirt bags are going to jail.

You're trained to yell stop resisting, even if they aren't resisting?

That is either made up, or one of the stupidest policies i've ever heard of.

You're trained to yell stop resisting, even if they aren't resisting?

That is either made up, or one of the stupidest policies i've ever heard of.

OMG

REally...

I explained during a fight it makes you breath..... THUS they are resisting.... why does it seem you always try to find something to argue about.

OMG

REally...

I explained during a fight it makes you breath..... THUS they are resisting.... why does it seem you always try to find something to argue about.

The guy in this video clearly was not resisting.

people do care though. Obviously he's made you care, because you feel obligated to attack him.

If you don't care what he has to say, why are your bothering to tell him to shut up?

Attack him? oh dear, i hope he's all right from the viciousness of my "attack"

There in lies some of the problem. People aren't going to hold officials responsible and make the system change if they don't believe it is going on.

Colin's actions have stirred the pot enough for people to at least pay attention.

really? do the people pick the police chief? No.

Do the people audit police departments to ensure compliance with department police? No.

Do the people get a chance to review internal affairs documents? No.

Are the people privy to conversations between the police department and the district attorney's office? No.

Do the people have a say in the agenda of any US Federal District Attorney offices? No.

The people will be appalled by what the media chooses to show them on TV, but other than the "The people" have no nearly no ability to influence anyone in government to do anything about this. None of this is new, its been going on for decades and elected and un-elected officials at all levels have had their hands dirtied by ignoring and covering up the issue.

So who cares if people have been beaten, killed, or falsely imprisoned, because a benched back football player is ******, now we need to do something about. Child Please.

You are absolutely impossible.

I would like to think your just being obtuse but I'm really suspecting something much worse.

Cops in video were yelling "Stop Resisting", guy wasn't resisting.

You claim they were yelling "Stop Resisting" because they are trained to do so.

I ask are you trained to yell that regardless of whether or not the individual is resisting.

You avoid answering the question and attempt to insult me.

What is your definition of going hog wild? Does racially profiling for traffic stops and searches count? You can't imagine 3 in 10 cops abusing power to bully average citizens? I think that's still generously low.
Things that wind up with gross misuse of power from beatings and framing like in this video to intentionally shooting unarmed citizens. The things that are patently criminal abuses of power. I'm talking failing exam grades, not C+ grades.

Cops in video were yelling "Stop Resisting", guy wasn't resisting.

You claim they were yelling "Stop Resisting" because they are trained to do so.

I ask are you trained to yell that regardless of whether or not the individual is resisting.

You avoid answering the question and attempt to insult me.

Two things make me very skeptical of it being isolated at least for this department.

None of the cops had a problem throwing an innocent man in jail for 5 years.
The rehearsed method of yelling stop resisting and why are you trying to get my gun?

Those things reek of 'on the job' training which has infiltrated that department so that officers know the blue line.

THe above is your statement.

THe below was my reply:
1. it makes you breath. I know it sounds weird but sometime when in a fight a person will hold their breath for periods of time.

2. it draws the attention of the public and they can be witnesses to what is going on.

What do you not understand about what I said. NO where have I said he was resisting. I explained why you do this when someone is resisting. Ive even restated it to you in a previous post. Why you don't understand this, this is beyond childish on your part.

Two things make me very skeptical of it being isolated at least for this department.

None of the cops had a problem throwing an innocent man in jail for 5 years.
The rehearsed method of yelling stop resisting and why are you trying to get my gun?

Those things reek of 'on the job' training which has infiltrated that department so that officers know the blue line.

THe above is your statement.

THe below was my reply:
1. it makes you breath. I know it sounds weird but sometime when in a fight a person will hold their breath for periods of time.

What do you not understand about what I said. NO where have I said he was resisting. I explained why you do this when someone is resisting. Ive even restated it to you in a previous post. Why you don't understand this, this is beyond childish on your part.

"the above" wasn't my statement. I think you've got me mixed up with someone else.

Were these officers were yelling "stop resisting" because that is what they are trained to do, or because they wanted it to appear that the guy was resisting?

That is really the only issue here.

put me down for not understanding what Det Brees is saying.
Why yell stop resisting if in fact he was not resisting.
why train somebody to yell stop resisting if they are not.
helps him breathe during a fight, but there was no fight so why does that even factor in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

helps him breathe during a fight, but there was no fight so why does that even factor in.

In the original question that I was responding to it was asked if officers were trained to say stop resisting. I responded that we are and listed two reasons why. My answer was not in reference to what the officer did to this man and him yelling stop resisting to someone who was not resisting my answer was in reference to when you have someone who is actively resisting and you have to use Force.by speaking it forces you to take breath and it draws attention and creates witnesses to the incident.

Maybe they could train them to breathe instead.

:scratch:

In the original question that I was responding to it was asked if officers were trained to say stop resisting. I responded that we are and listed two reasons why. My answer was not in reference to what the officer did to this man and him yelling stop resisting to someone who was not resisting my answer was in reference to when you have someone who is actively resisting and you have to use Force.by speaking it forces you to take breath and it draws attention and creates witnesses to the incident.

Do you understand tho, that this is an inherently bad idea and especially bad when you compound it with quit going for my gun?

When someone looking on doesn't see the person resisting, they assume the officer is just trumping up charges. It's even worse when you factor in things like Alton Sterling where a man winds up dead and many people didn't see him as having a free hand or Walter Scott. In other words, it becomes a lot like crying wolf.

Maybe just maybe, officers should consider more than just their training and ask a few questions like what will the public (you remember them... the ones you are here to serve and protect) think...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom