Man Escapes Possible 5 Year Prison Sentence After Police DashCam Surfaces (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
I believe that this type of stuff happened all of the time but videos were not available. Do you guys think this was an isolated event? I am so glad the video was able to save this man. And those armed thugs should serve the max sentence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nIW9V6hYYOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know this stuff happens all the time.

This is not an isolated event but it also does not happen all the time.

Similar stuff can and does happen frequently within some departments, for example - Ferguson, MO in all likelihood. While in others there is little chance.

What is really scary there is the officer talking about the victim trying to get his gun. Man, this could have had an even worse ending than it did on that night.

Curious about what those cops said in their defense in court. Why were they so on edge from the get-go? And why did they think what they were doing was OK?

Please don't tell me the cops were acting that way just for a power trip, or for kicks or something. Sheesh.

I know this stuff happens all the time.

Exactly HOW many videos, stories, and reports will be needed before people stop saying how isolated these events are? It's amazing to me how people continue to minimize and invalidate these occurrences as if they don't exist, or it's not REALLY a problem. It's amazing to me how far people go to shove their heads in the sand.

To put the isolated event vs all the time in perspective there are definitely over 800,000 LEOs in the USA, probably over 900,000 depending on how you count.

I'd say it'd be surprising if less than 1% of bank tellers steal. It'd probably be surprising if less than 1% of doctors were somehow drunk or negligent on the job sometimes. Obviously at good banks or hospitals, with good management there are fewer and more at crappy banks and hospitals.

Same with police. Now let's say 1% do some kind of bs, whether it's violent, just shaking people down, whatever, that'd be less than 8,000 across the country doing these things more or less frequently. Even if it was 2500 that'd be 50 idiots in every state doing the wrong crap. So, yeah, it's not representative of all cops, but it's not just some small weird kind of thing that is shocking happens. It or other dumb/immoral things probably happens a few hundred times a year across the country.

Last year around this time was the Philadelphia knucklehead who knew he was on camera and still tried to shake the guy down for buying tickets.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YEpBAhPGVkw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I don't think hiring practices can be good enough to get it to 99.9% never doing dumb stuff. What CAN happen is cracking down on them and never ever ever covering for them, but getting them fired and in jail as appropriate.

Curious about what those cops said in their defense in court. Why were they so on edge from the get-go? And why did they think what they were doing was OK?

Please don't tell me the cops were acting that way just for a power trip, or for kicks or something. Sheesh.

They lied.

Was their court appearance was before or after ALL the dash cam videos came out? I understood that their indictments came after all videos were released.

If ALL dash cam videos came out, and afterwards they STILL lied ... well, hell. Can only shake my head. What would have to happen for those cops to fess up and admit they were wrong? Serious cognitive dissonance.

Was their court appearance was before or after ALL the dash cam videos came out? I understood that their indictments came after all videos were released.

If ALL dash cam videos came out, and afterwards they STILL lied ... well, hell. Can only shake my head. What would have to happen for those cops to fess up and admit they were wrong? Serious cognitive dissonance.
Yeah, I agree. I have no idea.

They obviously lied in their reports and arrest affidavits. Hopefully they go to jail for that.

To put the isolated event vs all the time in perspective there are definitely over 800,000 LEOs in the USA, probably over 900,000 depending on how you count.

I'd say it'd be surprising if less than 1% of bank tellers steal. It'd probably be surprising if less than 1% of doctors were somehow drunk or negligent on the job sometimes. Obviously at good banks or hospitals, with good management there are fewer and more at crappy banks and hospitals.

Same with police. Now let's say 1% do some kind of bs, whether it's violent, just shaking people down, whatever, that'd be less than 8,000 across the country doing these things more or less frequently. Even if it was 2500 that'd be 50 idiots in every state doing the wrong crap. So, yeah, it's not representative of all cops, but it's not just some small weird kind of thing that is shocking happens. It or other dumb/immoral things probably happens a few hundred times a year across the country.

Last year around this time was the Philadelphia knucklehead who knew he was on camera and still tried to shake the guy down for buying tickets.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YEpBAhPGVkw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I don't think hiring practices can be good enough to get it to 99.9% never doing dumb stuff. What CAN happen is cracking down on them and never ever ever covering for them, but getting them fired and in jail as appropriate.

You think less than 1% of cops abuse their power? Where did this stat come from, just pulled it out of your ***?

I don't know what the maximum sentence is for this crap, but they need to get double that.

You think less than 1% of cops abuse their power? Where did this stat come from, just pulled it out of your ***?
I'm saying the undeniably most favorable would leave you with that many. Hence things like "Even if it was 2500".

That video is terrible. These type of people need to be purged from law enforcement.

Colin Kapernick will make it all ok.

How do you suggest we make it all better?

Kaepernick has at least done something. You may mock it, but it's brought more attention to the issue than anything else he could have done.

His meaningless action has got you feeling defensive enough to bring him up in a thread that's got nothing to do with him.

There are people more educated on the issues that need to be addressed than Kapernick, you, me or pretty much any of us. They are the ones who should be coming up with the specific solutions. Progress needs activists just as much as it needs problem solvers and they don't have to be the same people.

That video is terrible. These type of people need to be purged from law enforcement.

How do you suggest we make it all better?

Kaepernick has at least done something. You may mock it, but it's brought more attention to the issue than anything else he could have done.

His meaningless action has got you feeling defensive enough to bring him up in a thread that's got nothing to do with him.

There are people more educated on the issues that need to be addressed than Kapernick, you, me or pretty much any of us. They are the ones who should be coming up with the specific solutions. Progress needs activists just as much as it needs problem solvers and they don't have to be the same people.
can't thumb up you from tapatalk, but that deserves a thumbs up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom