Man, I wouldn't want to be a Giants, Falcons, or Panthers fan right now... ouchhhhh!! (1 Viewer)

I agree with you 100%, LPaulT. I simply prefer, as a fan, to be sitting where we are right now, as opposed to where these 3 other teams fans are right now.

No doubt - I definitely agree with you. We've lived through it so much, and it is a relief to being going into December on a positive note. I remember just being so down & out last year by week 12 ( I think we were 2-9 at that point), not to mention trying to rebuild my home, work, etc. etc... And then the great collapse of 2002 - :all_coholic:

One of the worst feelings is being a season ticket holder and sitting in the Dome for the final game of the season knowing that its over.

Well personally, I hope it sinks. :hihi:
There is a part of me that feels that in this point of the season, you pretty much are what you are. That feeling is then contested by the reality that the Saints went 4-0 in December 2004 and just missed the playoffs at 8-8. Anything can happen, I guess, especially with 5 games left. Both Carolina and NY still have winning records.

Actually, LPaulT, if the season where to end this week, both the Panthers and the Giants would be in the playoffs as wildcards...

The difference being, they would enter backwards. I.E. As teams in regression.

As a fan, that's not what I want to see. Remember the years under Mora when we regressed in? I.E. That playoff game in Chicago where both teams stunk... We just stunk a little more than the Bears that day.

One of the worst feelings is being a season ticket holder and sitting in the Dome for the final game of the season knowing that its over.

Know it all too well. My friends used to ask me if I was a glutton for pain. :bartmat:

Not to stifle any of the giddyness or anything...

Saints vs. struggling Ravens = loss
Saints vs. struggling Steelers = loss
Saints vs. struggling Bengals = loss

Our only victories against struggling teams were divisional games. I tend to throw out records for those games, especially against Atlanta.

Personally, I prefer seeing this team play against someone not struggling...and we have to play 2 of the teams mentioned here before the season's up.

Not to stifle any of the giddyness or anything...

Saints vs. struggling Ravens = loss
Saints vs. struggling Steelers = loss
Saints vs. struggling Bengals = loss

Our only victories against struggling teams were divisional games. I tend to throw out records for those games, especially against Atlanta.

Personally, I prefer seeing this team play against someone not struggling...and we have to play 2 of the teams mentioned here before the season's up.

Ah yes - good point BD.

Absolutely agree with you, BullDawg. At this point in our season, it's what we need to get a true measurement of how far this team has come since September, and more importantly, how far it can go in January and possibly even February... Regardless of the outcome, it's been a welcomed diversion to the "expected."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom