Man... Jimmy Graham looks like he is playing in slow-mo. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He had one knee injury, but I don't understand how he lost so much of his speed. He was dominant with us.

Age and injuries take a toll. Now he has a broken thumb, maybe IR and 9 months off will work wonders.

Man I wanted jimmy to come back so bad I think we might have dodged a bullet though. Everything happens for a reason.

Age and injuries take a toll. Now he has a broken thumb, maybe IR and 9 months off will work wonders.

Jimmy was a special talent who played with a qb that knew how to get the ball to him. Russell Wilson is great and Rodgers is too but Brees was the catalyst for Jimmys greatness.

The Unger trade was at first a shock but now we can all see the brilliance in the move -- though admittedly we've still not replaced his redzone production. Unger is an anchor and is a big part of why Brees is still playing at such a high level.

A superstar tightend is a luxury, a solid, dependable center is a necessity. We were able to turn a luxury into a necessity. That's a successful trade.

I hope Jimmy gets well. I still miss him but his better days are behind him.

Jimmy was a special talent who played with a qb that knew how to get the ball to him. Russell Wilson is great and Rodgers is too but Brees was the catalyst for Jimmys greatness.

The Unger trade was at first a shock but now we can all see the brilliance in the move -- though admittedly we've still not replaced his redzone production. Unger is an anchor and is a big part of why Brees is still playing at such a high level.

A superstar tightend is a luxury, a solid, dependable center is a necessity. We were able to turn a luxury into a necessity. That's a successful trade.

Summed up perfectly. I’d like to add that’s Jimmy was a star here and he knew it, so much so that he even said he wouldn’t play for another QB other than Brees, though we all know that was a lie. Now look at him, he’s basically an average to below average TE. I’m sorry but as an athlete you play to win and compete. Once you chase the money your careers starts to suck like his. Not saying all do but the majority. I loved Graham here, but he made his bed and with that attitude I’m glad he’s supbar. Don’t tell me about money garbage, these guys make millions. Millions! I’d play with Brees for league minimum and retire with him cause he’d make me better than people see me as, i.e graham. His bad....no sympathy here

admittedly we've still not replaced his redzone production.

We have totally replaced his red zone production. Would it surprise you to know that the Saints' red zone TD percentage this year is substaintially higher than any year Jimmy played for the Saints?

Summed up perfectly. I’d like to add that’s Jimmy was a star here and he knew it, so much so that he even said he wouldn’t play for another QB other than Brees, though we all know that was a lie. Now look at him, he’s basically an average to below average TE. I’m sorry but as an athlete you play to win and compete. Once you chase the money your careers starts to suck like his. Not saying all do but the majority. I loved Graham here, but he made his bed and with that attitude I’m glad he’s supbar. Don’t tell me about money garbage, these guys make millions. Millions! I’d play with Brees for league minimum and retire with him cause he’d make me better than people see me as, i.e graham. His bad....no sympathy here
You do know we traded him. He did not want to leave. As a free agent this year to took the higher contract but none of us would leave millions on the table. If you did I would think you had brain damage

I I think Jimmy problem started when started to disappear in big games. He used to beat players with ease on his elite athleticism. He never was technical like a Thomas or Colston. He was very feast or famine because of it. He never developed an elite receiver skill set and it showed in Seattle and Green Bay. When you don't have the best minds to make your life easier. It really brings to light how much of Jimmy was a Sean Payton chess piece than a elite football player in body and mind. Which goes without saying for a player that never really played football till he got drafted.

He is mentally soft. Seattle defense got in his head when the Saints went up there in the playoffs, and he suddenly got alligator arms and disappeared. We dodged a bullet when he choose to go to Green Bay.

Now he is even older, less explosive, slow, and still mentally soft. And he got 3 years/30 million from the Packers? Highway Robbery LOL!

34 catches, 452 yards, 2 TDs this year

Old Man Watson has 27 catches and 2 TDs, and makes 1/5 of what Graham got.

Wonder if he's regretting signing with the Packers?

I am more than happy to have Unger instead of Graham. But yes...I think Jimmy would've seen a resurgence here. Oh well...he could've had a Superbowl ring here...

Wonder if he's regretting signing with the Packers?
It goes both ways.

He probably made a mistake by signing with Green Bay (money aside)

Conversely the saints could have paid him if they hadn’t wasted so much on Kurt Coleman.

Jimmy would definitely look far better with the saints than with the packers. But it is what it is... he will never play for the saints again, no matter how good of a fit it would be or how much I want that to happen. The packers aren’t going to trade him and the saints won’t take on that contract.

***sigh***

1. As a Saints tight end, he created a stink on whether he should be negotiated as a WR or TE.

2. Left New Orleans with a bad attitude... needlessly; no class.

3. Arrived in Seattle, and the Legion of Boom started dogging him out about his blocking, and (to an extent) challenged his manhood.

Note: Undercurrents in the Seattle locker room were deteriorating during Graham’s time there.

4. Went to the Packers, where it’s always about Aaron Rodgers, 24/7.

5. Now this episode with a season ending (thumb) injury.

It didn’t have to be this way, Jimmy.

This reminds me of a sermon title that preaches the message by itself:

“You got what you wanted but you lost what you had.”

:gosaints:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom