Man... Jimmy Graham looks like he is playing in slow-mo. (1 Viewer)

I think the only thing Jimmy lost was his desire to play football now it's just about making enough money to do his real passion flying.

I I think Jimmy problem started when started to disappear in big games. He used to beat players with ease on his elite athleticism. He never was technical like a Thomas or Colston. He was very feast or famine because of it. He never developed an elite receiver skill set and it showed in Seattle and Green Bay. When you don't have the best minds to make your life easier. It really brings to light how much of Jimmy was a Sean Payton chess piece than a elite football player in body and mind. Which goes without saying for a player that never really played football till he got drafted.

This is a great post. Honestly I was disappointed that we even pursued him at all, those that think we would have been better with him are absolutely delusional...one of the strengths of this teams TE's is their ability to set the edge...you lose that with Graham in the game. He really doesn't fit this new Saints offense at all, and he appears to be declining rapidly...I believe he will be an extremely overpaid "weapon" for the Pack for years to come....

Wonder if he's regretting signing with the Packers?
I brought this up in another thread like a week ago..I wondered about him and Jordy Nelson, who didn't even make it to our visit and chose the Raiders. I loved beating the Rams to show Suh up as well. Suh is on a good team still but we're doing something special here.

Graham chose money over a sure thing here in New Orleans..and Jordy, that's laughable..oh well, their loss.

I brought this up in another thread like a week ago..I wondered about him and Jordy Nelson, who didn't even make it to our visit and chose the Raiders. I loved beating the Rams to show Suh up as well. Suh is on a good team still but we're doing something special here.

Graham chose money over a sure thing here in New Orleans..and Jordy, that's laughable..oh well, their loss.
Speaking of Suh, I was so against signing Suh because I truly believe in the development of Omyemata and Rankin. Omyemata has been a little mediocre based on my own expectation of him but Rankin has been a major beast. I can't believe we spent a whole week on that one thread with over 1000 post.

It goes both ways.

He probably made a mistake by signing with Green Bay (money aside)

Conversely the saints could have paid him if they hadn’t wasted so much on Kurt Coleman.

Jimmy would definitely look far better with the saints than with the packers. But it is what it is... he will never play for the saints again, no matter how good of a fit it would be or how much I want that to happen. The packers aren’t going to trade him and the saints won’t take on that contract.

That’s one way to look at it.

Personally, I look at it like we needed to add a starting TE and a plug-and-play Safety.

We added a productive starting TE (who is considerably better in the run game) and a safety who hasn’t been lights out but he’s solid enough to be in our top 3... for less money than GB has paid Graham to underachieve this season.

And we still had money to sign Demario Davis and Cam Meredith.

I think it comes down to elite player are always fighting to be the best. Graham was fighting to be elite to get paid. He got paid and he never developed further than athleticism got him. He lost that and he is just average now. Just really disappointed to be honest.

You do know we traded him. He did not want to leave. As a free agent this year to took the higher contract but none of us would leave millions on the table. If you did I would think you had brain damage
Negative. He wanted out. He was mad that brees commented that jimmy was a te.

Watching that game that dude still can’t block to save his life. That’s how he broke his thumb.

When u watch our boys play every single one of them has learned to put team over self. Every single one throws a block and run routes even if they know they aren’t going to be a target of that particular play.

Never forget meachem after he came back from chargers. Brees threw a pick and meachem and pt chased that dude down with meachem making that tackle even though he was 20 yard down field. Jimmy never got that mentality.

When u turn on brees who made you special, jimmy forgot that. He thought he was great without brees even though he can’t throw a block to save his life. Our wide receivers block better than jimmy. Unger was a huge upgrade.

I think it comes down to elite player are always fighting to be the best. Graham was fighting to be elite to get paid. He got paid and he never developed further than athleticism got him. He lost that and he is just average now. Just really disappointed to be honest.

The NFL Top 100 (where he was #31) was the pinnacle... and he's been sliding downward ever since. :jpshakehead:

He's nowhere near what he was when it was the Brees-Graham connection!

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom