Man Opens Fire on Police and Cincinnati FBI (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people get numb and sarcastic about stuff like this, but I'd like to think we can still have intelligent discussions here. Let's not let this one go down certain rabbit holes. Thanks.
Sadly, some can't help but go full Bill Murray in Caddyshack down those holes.

Last edited:
I agree. No good guys died. Guido got some good one liners in. Blame was correctly placed and hypocrisy called out. A successful thread come to fruition in under 2 pages. One of our more efficient efforts. High fives all around.

I'm not sure that is a site level push tho. An admin might know more, but those ads could be served up based on factors out of their control.
They have nothing to do with it. The keywords on the thread combined with individual user data dictate ads. This thread mentions pickup truck, FBI, AR-15's, rabbit holes, conspiracies, nail guns and nut job so it was bound to happen.

What didn't take long? Somebody calling him disturbed? Anybody who would do this is clearly very disturbed.
No. He's not "disturbed" or "mentally ill" just because he committed a crime.

Until we have some sort of evidence of mental illness other than he did something bad, we have to assume the obvious - he was a politically-motivated domestic terrorist. Full stop.

Remember when everyone put the onus on law-abiding Muslims to call out and report the extremist elements in their societies? Well, we're there again, but not with Muslims.

These terrorists are no different than suicide car bombers in Tel Aviv. We don't call them "very disturbed." We call them terrorists.

If we don't start calling out the extremists and extremist-sympathizers in our society, the ensuing destruction will be on our shoulders.

Until we have some sort of evidence of mental illness other than he did something bad, we have to assume the obvious - he was a politically-motivated domestic terrorist. Full stop.

Remember when everyone put the onus on law-abiding Muslims to call out and report the extremist elements in their societies? Well, we're there again, but not with Muslims.

These terrorists are no different than suicide car bombers in Tel Aviv. We don't call them "very disturbed." We call them terrorists.

If we don't start calling out the extremists and extremist-sympathizers in our society, the ensuing destruction will be on our shoulders.
I would describe anyone of that nature to be "disturbed" or "delusional," so don't put words in my mouth just because I didn't say it was an act of terrorism, because clearly it can be both.

I would describe anyone of that nature to be "disturbed" or "delusional," so don't put words in my mouth just because I didn't say it was an act of terrorism, because clearly it can be both.
You said you were thankful they got the "nut job," who was "disturbed" and "delusional." I didn't put any words in your mouth. I quoted you, and explained why your quotes were incorrect.

I know it probably wasn't your intent, but it's excuse-making that is often employed by the right for these domestic terrorists, including all of the mass shooters.

When a truly mentally-ill person commits a crime, we don't send them to prison. We send them to a mental hospital for treatment because they are anywhere on a spectrum of can't understand right from wrong, incompetent to stand trial, completely separated from reality (ACTUALLY delusional, not figuratively delusional) etc.

Sometimes people aren't mentally ill. They aren't disturbed or delusional. They're just criminals. They may have been misled, but they still understand right from wrong.

We have no evidence of mental health issues. All we have evidence of is terrorism. There's no need to make excuses for him until we have evidence of such excuses.

I think you are both correct.

Passing it off as mental illness is a cop out.

Then again, people that have been indoctrinated through constant bombardment of propaganda are not exactly sane either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom