Man scammed out of his Camaro (1 Viewer)

one of the reasons i'm so bad with money is that i think everything is a scam - there is no way i would do this without every money person on EE telling me it's legit and the president of the back call me personally and tell me it's all good
I mean, ensuring you aren’t scammed out of your hard earned money by whatever means necessary for you isn’t being bad with money at all.

I don’t trust anything online anymore really - especially when it comes to money stuff.

I have some lady keep trying to connect with me on LinkedIn. I keep declining her requests. She keeps coming back. Ma’am move along. Your scam won’t work with me.

But you will become a better leader with my coaching!

Just accept my request and I will stop asking I promise….

I promise you will fall in love with this program!

Yeah but seriously I am not taking any coaching advice from a cold call I don’t care what they are peddling.

am confused
so he got the check, sent it to his bank, his bank said everything's cool - he turned over the car - bank then says, 'hold up, eveything's not cool, check was bad so you still owe us money even though we said everything's cool'

is that how y'all are reading this?
Yes, seems like the bank should eat the note.

I mean, ensuring you aren’t scammed out of your hard earned money by whatever means necessary for you isn’t being bad with money at all.

I don’t trust anything online anymore really - especially when it comes to money stuff.

I have some lady keep trying to connect with me on LinkedIn. I keep declining her requests. She keeps coming back. Ma’am move along. Your scam won’t work with me.
But...but...the warranty on your car is running out!

I have no idea what kind of car you drive or what year it is, but I know that warranty is ending and you need to buy extended coverage from me

The real crime here is that you can't get T-Tops on the Camero anymore.

The real crime here is that you can't get T-Tops on the Camero anymore.
I had T-tops on my Z-28 many moons ago. They stowed under the hatch in their own compartment (sticking straight up) and took up all the storage space for anything except a duffel bag. Otherwise not a bad car. Great engine and transmission, cheap plastic interior but that’s what kept the price low.

When I first started my business, I was paid with a business check for $26k.

Check “cleared,” we bought material, check bounced making our payments bounce. My bank dropped me. Closed my account.

The other person had to pay a $36 overdraft fee and $75 for the returned check.

It was a check by phone so I wonder what the scammer's bank records show.

Back in the day, banking institutions could call each other and ask if an account had sufficient funds prior to accepting a check.

But nothing was stopping the customer from withdrawing the funds after that phone call.

The bank will credit your account with the funds, but that's not the same as a check clearing.

Like someone else mentioned, this should've been a real-time wire transfer (into an account I set up specifically for that transaction).

But...but...the warranty on your car is running out!

I have no idea what kind of car you drive or what year it is, but I know that warranty is ending and you need to buy extended coverage from me
I will never get an extended warranty again

Dealer Sales- This extended warranty 100% covers widget replacement

Dealer Repair shop a couple years later - You need to replace your widget

Me - That's covered under the extended warranty

Dealer - No, no, if you look closely at the fine print you can see it clearly says FORK YOU!

Last edited:
I will never get extended warranty again

Dealer Sales- This extended warranty 100% covers widget replacement

Dealer Repair shop a couple years later - You need to replace your widget

Me - That's covered under the extended warranty

Dealer - No, no, if you look closely at the fine print you can see it clearly says FORK YOU!
Up until my current vehicle, my family and I have been getting Hyundai and Genesis for a long time and their extended warranty was definitely honored.

Plus they come with a 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty standard

Part of the avoiding scams at all costs thing is that it also means I’m also avoiding deals and sensical options

When I first started my business, I was paid with a business check for $26k.

Check “cleared,” we bought material, check bounced making our payments bounce. My bank dropped me. Closed my account.

The other person had to pay a $36 overdraft fee and $75 for the returned check.
That’s just insane to me
Why in the world would anyone build the system like that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom