Man scammed out of his Camaro (1 Viewer)

But...but...the warranty on your car is running out!

I have no idea what kind of car you drive or what year it is, but I know that warranty is ending and you need to buy extended coverage from me

the next call i get like that im gonna say book it.

THEN let em know i got 302k miles.

#winning.

But...but...the warranty on your car is running out!

I have no idea what kind of car you drive or what year it is, but I know that warranty is ending and you need to buy extended coverage from me
A good friend of mine is a car salesman. He told me extended warranties were a rip off. If a car has problems it will
surface immediately. They push extended warranties because it adds to their commission. Save yourself money. When
repairs become greater than a monthly note, get a new car.

Aren't certified checks/money orders made for this exact purpose?

You would think so, but I had a bank bounce me a certified check not too long ago.

It took them more than a week to fix the issue and it was a giant PITA.

Needless to say we no longer use or have anything to do with that bank.

A good friend of mine is a car salesman. He told me extended warranties were a rip off. If a car has problems it will
surface immediately. They push extended warranties because it adds to their commission. Save yourself money. When
repairs become greater than a monthly note, get a new car.

is your friend David Puddy?

Up until my current vehicle, my family and I have been getting Hyundai and Genesis for a long time and their extended warranty was definitely honored.

Plus they come with a 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty standard
I drive a Genesis now and love it, I'll probably stay Hyundai for my next car, maybe all my future cars

My extended warranty issues were 15+ years ago

This is why me and my associates only deal in cash. :mad:

7C14DCA3-8135-4270-B6C3-12AF80BD9F06.jpeg

this is the least surprising thing I’ve ever read on this site
Point of clarification; the T-tops were on the second Camaro, the 2000 Z-28. The first Camaro was a 1971 Hugger Orange with no T-tops and a 327 4-speed. This is important.
We need to have a beer some day. :beerchug:

If I still had the Camaro, I'd take you for a drive, or maybe let you take her for a spin. She had the 6-speed manual trans with Hurst short-throw shifter. I did a top-end rebuild adding a mild cam to give her a nice lope. Put in a Hyper-tech chip to advance the timing (but ensured I had to use super-unleaded :covri: ). I also reworked the intake, then added a Borla aftermarket exhaust. I know you love it when I do the motor talk, it settles your Ka :ezbill:

I don't know what the world may need
But a V-8 engine's a good start for me
Think I'll drive and find a place
To be surly
--Cracker

Last edited:
I still gotta know how one leaves a dealership with a $750/mo car note like " ok i got a good deal "
The price of cars keeps going up - have you priced a new pickup truck recently? Insanity. Up until these last two, I have never bought a brand new vehicle. But with used car prices, new was a better deal for us. My notes aren't close to being that high, individually.

With electric vehicles, you can make a sure bet those monthly notes will become more normal.

The price of cars keeps going up - have you priced a new pickup truck recently? Insanity. Up until these last two, I have never bought a brand new vehicle. But with used car prices, new was a better deal for us. My notes aren't close to being that high, individually.

With electric vehicles, you can make a sure bet those monthly notes will become more normal.

prices are insane these days...i just picked up yesterday my new 2022 duramax and my monthly payment is $1267 and that is with 3.4% interest rate....prices of these trucks are just up there...91k purchase price...figured i better do it now cuz they not coming down in price...i am betting they will be over 100k within 5 years

prices are insane these days...i just picked up yesterday my new 2022 duramax and my monthly payment is $1267 and that is with 3.4% interest rate....prices of these trucks are just up there...91k purchase price...figured i better do it now cuz they not coming down in price...i am betting they will be over 100k within 5 years
You'd think new car prices would make people drive more cautiously. This and the amount of time it takes to repair cars due to supply chain issues with parts. But nope.

You'd think new car prices would make people drive more cautiously. This and the amount of time it takes to repair cars due to supply chain issues with parts. But nope.
That would require people to be able to think past the end of their nose and that just isn't very common these days

Your truck payment is over 300.00/mo higher than my mortgage which includes escrows. Of course, your truck payment doesn’t have a 30-year term :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom