Man who ate nothing but potatoes for a year reports dramatic weight loss (1 Viewer)

Potatoes are part of a plant group called "nightshades". Overconsumption causes inflammation in the body and can cause many health issues over time. However, the other crap he was eating is toxic to the body as well. I think moderation is the perfect diet. Too much of anything is not good. I also find that restricting one food from your diet always backfires (unless you're allergic of course). You will most likely end up binging on it. This is why I can't stand fad diets. If you have to buy something, such as a book or certain type of food to be on the diet, it's probably a sham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All true
But it's also important to remember he described himself as an addict (if true) moderation is not really going to help at first
The addiction needs to be broken then strictly managed - moderation can be part of the management, but it's not likely to be an effective "cure"

All true

But it's also important to remember he described himself as an addict (if true) moderation is not really going to help at first

The addiction needs to be broken then strictly managed - moderation can be part of the management, but it's not likely to be an effective "cure"

I guess now he's a potato addict.

I guess now he's a potato addict.

it would be interesting to see to what degree his chemical make-up changed
if sugar would still release dopamine in the way that it clearly used to or if he actually starved it
(b/c yes, i'm sure at some point he had both a chemical and psychological addiction to processed foods and now maybe just the psychological one remains)

Matt Damon approves of this thread

news-100115b.jpg

There are all these diets where you stop eating crap and drink only juice, or stop eating crap and eat a lot of protein and fat but no carbs, or you stop eating crap and don't eat sugar, or for this guy you stop eating crap and only eat potatoes, etc etc

maybe it's the "stop eating crap" part that's the key?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom