Man,Woman sought for 501-day date to Mars (1 Viewer)

I work at a place called spacex often, they are the only private business allowed by the US government to go to space, their next mission is to Mars. Falcon 9 I believe it is called, they are building the craft already.

Wow, didn't know our Govt could stop people from going into space. Maybe if they cut down on trying to keep fools out of space and concentrated on our economy, it wouldn't be in the shape it is...

Well if I could take 5 hot chicks, I'd consider it. However, there might have to be enough room on the return for about 12...

Exactly how many movies have you seen where the mission to mars went well?

Although I may risk it for the extra one.
images

Maybe they should be a little less ambitious and try the moon first.

They should at least rent one of those portable moving pods and live in it for about a month and see how they like it.

I'll believe it when I see it. Just under 5 years to launch is a very aggressive schedule to keep.

While it is an agressive schedule, they're not proposing anything that is technically beyond what we can already do. The plan calls for a "free return," which means they won't even complete a full orbit of Mars, but rather use it as a slingshot to return back to Earth. This means that the mission is basically engine-free (minus the liftoff and maybe a reentry burn) -- you just have to keep the "lights on" (and make sure your math is correct).

501 days is a long time to be in space, and it would break the record the Russians set on Mir. We think we have a good idea on how to take care of someone who is in space that long and what the risks of radiation exposure are, but a level of uncertainty will remain until someone does it.

Assuming the inherent risks are acceptable, it's an absolutely doable project if money gets thrown at it, and Tito seems willing to do that.

"While you were gone, the Saints won the superbowl, it was the most magical season in the history of the NFL."

Otherwise it'll just be floating around, bouncing off the walls and reminding you of your Space Sin.

There's a joke that involves a black hole here, but as I don't want to be banned, I'll just leave you all to your own devices.

Will they have cable tv...and will I be able to watch my Saints....otherwise...fergit about it....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom