Manning Center of attention - too bad it's Archie (1 Viewer)

i stopped reading halfway.....that's pretty retarted

I can see his points...how many other dads were in the locker room? And this is ELI's time, he shouldn't be overshadowed by his father.

Me to antipop, the writer pretty much made himself out to be a jerk after the way he started the article.....but its been proven, that if you wanna make something wonderful into something terrible...if you try hard enough, it can be done.

I think the writer was on target. Couldn't Archie see his son after he's at least showered or in the family car? No, Archie, dude, it's your sons time not yours. Stage left please.

Archie does deserve some spotlight. How many fathers out there can say they've had 2 sons start at QB in the Superbowl?

I think the writer was on target. Couldn't Archie see his son after he's at least showered or in the family car? No, Archie, dude, it's your sons time not yours. Stage left please.

That's pretty much exclusively between Archie and Eli. I don't care if my dad upstaged me or not, if you were that snarky about him i'm 90% sure i'd throw a punch.

Wow, this guy has a lot of hate for Archie. I've never seen any of the Mannings be anything less than classy and definitely not deserving of a hit piece. Maybe this guy wasn't hugged enough as a child. :dunno:

From the comments at the bottom:
And why do people think Archie was a star. Archie didn't do squat in the NFL. He was mediocre at best and his 173 INTs against 125 TDs proves that. Everyone needs to stop bowing down to The Holy Family of Football. It makes me sick that the media can't find a better story about a more worthy individual.
What are the odds that guy has never seen him play?:rolleyes:
In terms of ability, and balance, Archie was probably the best QB of his generation. He could pass like Peyton, but could run as well. With another team he could easily have a hand full of rings by now.

Anyone even thought that maybe, just maybe, Eli wanted his Dad there with him?

I agree with you here.

It's between Eli and Archie. There's some sort of assumption that Archie forced himself into the situation. If anything, Archie has been, for years, pretty willing to sit and watch his sons in the shadows.

And considering all the accolades the Peyton has gotten, and all the criticism that Eli has gotten, I'd think Archie is probably pretty relieved to see Eli share in some of the limelight.

Dumb writing.

much as i dislike hearing someone badmouth a friend, I AGREE for the most part with what he is saying. Let Eli have his spotlight and the team have theirs, if what this writer is saying is true i would be annoyed as well if i were one of the players or even Eli depending on the situation. The father is excited his son is going to the superbowl i can understand but theres a time and a place for all that and to me the writer makes it sound he overstayed his welcome and hogged the spotlight from the team and his son

to me the writer makes it sound he overstayed his welcome and hogged the spotlight from the team and his son

he could have just as easily said that archie was wearing a clown suit and playing one of those little tiny guitars, but that doesn't make it true.....it's his perception and he is probably the only one who saw it that way

If anything, blame the media.....

That guy Doyle is a complete hack. Ya' think Archie wants attention, the media finds him, besides the fact, how many dads are former starting qb's, in the NFL, that have two different sons that are starting QB's for teams in two consecutive Superbowls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom