Manning folding against the Chargers again (1 Viewer)

A lot has been said about the "Manning Face", and I've seen it during games. I now realize after last night's game why Manning irritates me so much. It's that darned Manning Face. When things don't go his way, it's like he can't help but start crying. He looks like a toddler who just got smacked on the butt for sticking cheerios in the VCR for the 100th time.

I'm not disputing Manning's talent, and I know he's dealing w/ a lot of injuries to his team, but, c'mon, man, let's deal w/ the disappointment in a bit more manly of a manner, huh?

:hihi:

Wonder if this will have any impact on the media's "Manning for MVP" campaign? It won't? Oh, ok, carry on.

Come on guys, he threw 4 TD passes last night. Let's go easy on him.

(Not to toot my own horn or anything but who called the 12 game win streak ending? back in September?)

Gregg williams exposed their offense in the superbowl imo. The colts have not been the same for much of this year. You could plug any WR into the colts offense and peyton makes them a better player as proven by colle and garcon.

Meh, that only goes so far though. You need WRs that you've at least run reps with in training camp. Some of these TEs and WRs he didn't work with at all prior to the start of the regular season. He's still a great QB but he's not a magician. It's more like the injuries have exposed him, but enough injuries will expose any QB.

Meh, that only goes so far though. You need WRs that you've at least run reps with in training camp. Some of these TEs and WRs he didn't work with at all prior to the start of the regular season. He's still a great QB but he's not a magician. It's more like the injuries have exposed him, but enough injuries will expose any QB.

Injuries didn't make him miss a wide open Garcon for a TD pass last night. He still has a good group of weapons and a #1 receiver better than a lot of teams I mean hell look at what Matt Cassel has done in recent weeks with Bowe. Manning is off right now. A lot of it is due to Polians offensive line tweaking in the offseason seeing as how he blamed them for the Superbowl loss and then cut Lilja who is now having a pro bowl season with the Chiefs. Also, Tamme has made some ridiculous catches in Clarks absence like that one right before half time last night that Manning overthrew him on.

I'm not disputing Manning's talent, and I know he's dealing w/ a lot of injuries to his team, but, c'mon, man, let's deal w/ the disappointment in a bit more manly of a manner, huh?

You're getting upset at someone for being visibly upset when they don't play well or their team loses? Seems pretty weak.

That doesn't mean that Manningface isn't funny...but I can't knock him for caring.

Injuries didn't make him miss a wide open Garcon for a TD pass last night. He still has a good group of weapons and a #1 receiver better than a lot of teams I mean hell look at what Matt Cassel has done in recent weeks with Bowe. Manning is off right now. A lot of it is due to Polians offensive line tweaking in the offseason seeing as how he blamed them for the Superbowl loss and then cut Lilja who is now having a pro bowl season with the Chiefs. Also, Tamme has made some ridiculous catches in Clarks absence like that one right before half time last night that Manning overthrew him on.

Well you seem to watch them more than I do. So if the o-line has less chemistry than they did last year then that would definitely disrupt a QB's timing and cause him to throw passes that he wouldn't ordinarily throw. Manning didn't all of a sudden become a slightly above average QB on his own.

Well you seem to watch them more than I do. So if the o-line has less chemistry than they did last year then that would definitely disrupt a QB's timing and cause him to throw passes that he wouldn't ordinarily throw. Manning didn't all of a sudden become a slightly above average QB on his own.

Their line is definitely an issue and like most immobile QBs that is going to cause problems (see Brady in Superbowl 42 or the Ravens playoff game last year.) I just like to give Manning crap (as we all know) since he gets all of the credit for that team most of the time when in reality he has been given a ton of help on the offensive side of the ball for the last decade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom