Manning helping Sharper reach Pro Bowl, may decide Giants-Saints game - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Darren Sharper = Eli Manning's Kryptonie?

Manning Helping Sharper Reach Pro Bowl May Decide Giants-Saints
By Erik Matuszewski and Vince Golle

Oct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is willing to take credit for helping another player win National Football League honors.

That’s Darren Sharper, the New Orleans Saints defensive back whose 59 career interceptions lead active NFL players. He’s returned two of his four against Manning for touchdowns.

“It seems like I’m keeping him in the Pro Bowl every year,” Manning, 28, told reporters after practice on Oct. 14. “When the ball is thrown to him, he makes the catches and he makes good plays. You have to know where he is on the field.”

Sharper will have a chance to torment Manning again this weekend, when the Saints host the Giants in a matchup of two of the NFL’s five undefeated teams.
More...
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=akWvSUsSU720

data

Last edited:
I like that Manning is concerned about Sharper. That's got to help us because he may delay his decisions just enough to help us.

yes....manning is the reason that sharper made the probowl

:freak7:

I like that Manning is concerned about Sharper. That's got to help us because he may delay his decisions just enough to help us.

He will definitely want to know where Darren is. I don't know how much it will affect him, but the less time we give him to make his reads, the better.

This is what I'm hoping. We may not see Sharper get a pick, but it might be because Eli is being overly cautious.. which can possibly hinder the passing game (and lead to some 3 and outs if we contain the run).

This is what I'm hoping. We may not see Sharper get a pick, but it might be because Eli is being overly cautious.. which can possibly hinder the passing game (and lead to some 3 and outs if we contain the run).

Or Sharper will get a pick because Eli won't have time to watch for him since Vilma and Co. will be in his face all day! :mwink:

Glad to see Sharper is in Manning's head. Hopefully, it will make him think twice about throwing down the field.

Eli is not as concerned as you guys think, i think he is just playing into what the media wants... Eli is what my MSGT says about me and thats is he is too stupid to know he is supposed to be scared (not dumb either).... He has the ability to shake off everything which makes him dangerous...... Lucky Drew is from this same family lol

Eli is not as concerned as you guys think, i think he is just playing into what the media wants...

Disagree with you on that one ^. I think Eli is concerned about Sharper, and rightfully so:

The goal Sunday for Manning will be to steer clear of Saints safety Darren Sharper, who has owned him.

In two games against Manning at Giants Stadium when Sharper played for the Vikings, he picked him off four times and returned two for TDs, including a 92-yarder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/10/15/2009-10-15_myers_eli.html

In two games against Darren, Eli has been picked off 4 times by Sharp? In his own house, and now he's coming to the Dome for the first time? Yea, he's concerned...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom