Manson follower Susan Atkins dies (1 Viewer)

Should this thread be merged with the "Dexter Season 4" thread?

I will sleep just as good tonight as I did last night. I feel no sympathy for a murderer. That cold-blooded ***** is on record saying she killed her because she kept begging for her babies life. She is also on record saying she felt no mercy for Sharon or her baby, and this was several years after the murders when she was no longer under Manson's influence or on drugs. I find it funny how all these people always "find" God after they commit the crimes. Good bye and good riddence to trash. She should have died many years ago.

Geez....she was very young, in a cult controlled by a sociopath who fed her acid. When you are her/my age, you will regret quite a few things you did 40 years previously. I have seen several interviews of her over the years. She most definitely changed from the young woman who committed the murders (which were despicable).

Jan

I don't profess to be an expert on the Mason Family but according to a show I watched recently and reading up on the Where Are They Now sites, didn't Linda Kasabian get subjected to the same cult and same drugs as Susan Atkins, but when it came time for her to kill, she chose not to and ran away?

I will sleep just as good tonight as I did last night. I feel no sympathy for a murderer. That cold-blooded ***** is on record saying she killed her because she kept begging for her babies life. She is also on record saying she felt no mercy for Sharon or her baby, and this was several years after the murders when she was no longer under Manson's influence or on drugs. I find it funny how all these people always "find" God after they commit the crimes. Good bye and good riddence to trash. She should have died many years ago.

If she had truly repented and turned her life around, my faith tells me she will spend eternity with God. If not, she won't. God will make that judgment.
I can understand your sentiment, though.

Geez....she was very young, in a cult controlled by a sociopath who fed her acid. When you are her/my age, you will regret quite a few things you did 40 years previously. I have seen several interviews of her over the years. She most definitely changed from the young woman who committed the murders (which were despicable).

Jan

Don't blame the acid...

I don't profess to be an expert on the Mason Family but according to a show I watched recently and reading up on the Where Are They Now sites, didn't Linda Kasabian get subjected to the same cult and same drugs as Susan Atkins, but when it came time for her to kill, she chose not to and ran away?

That's not exactly correct. Linda Kasabian was left at the car. She was not inside the house. She had only been with the Manson family for a few months rather than the nearly three years that Atkins had been there, also.

Jan

That's not exactly correct. Linda Kasabian was left at the car. She was not inside the house. She had only been with the Manson family for a few months rather than the nearly three years that Atkins had been there, also.

Jan

The thing I just watched (and again, I have no clue how accurate this show was) had her out of the car and on the back patio for the first murders (then she ran back to the car, according to her story.) Then she was told to murder an actor she met on the beach and when she went to his apartment, she purposely knocked on the wrong door so she could say it was the wrong guy. She left the following day.

Either way, I see the point you're making and I feel a slight amount of sympathy for weak minded people who get exploited by others...but I also feel like once you get to a point of murdering people because someone told you that you should...you need to be taken out of society. Forever.

The thing I just watched (and again, I have no clue how accurate this show was) had her out of the car and on the back patio for the first murders (then she ran back to the car, according to her story.) Then she was told to murder an actor she met on the beach and when she went to his apartment, she purposely knocked on the wrong door so she could say it was the wrong guy. She left the following day.

Either way, I see the point you're making and I feel a slight amount of sympathy for weak minded people who get exploited by others...but I also feel like once you get to a point of murdering people because someone told you that you should...you need to be taken out of society. Forever.

That is correct.. I watched it too.. Then again, it is her side of the story so i guess nobody really knows except her.

She paid for her crimes. I believe she truly regretted what she did. She made her peace with God which is what really matters. Manson is the one who deserves to burn in hell.

Jan

I agree with you Jan. I truly believe she turned her life around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom