Manti Te'o runs a 4.81 forty... (1 Viewer)

I touched on this when i started looking up 3-4 defenses

The scheme tht bob diaco runs is ILB Friendly. Hes been tutored in the scheme the last 3 years so i think hes looked good because of it. However scheme cant protect u against better opponents....hence y he looked so.bad in the bama game

I said he was overrated then...and the bama game revealed him for wat he really was

Normally I'd give you credit for your expertise... But Ray Charles knew what was going to happen to him in that Bowl against Bama!!!! It seems to me the only people who have hyped him up is his girlfriend or lack there of and the media machine who wanted to put him and ND back on the map! The young man would be a waste of a draft pick! IMO!

+ the elephant in the room. He's gonna slide.

I think he was the "poster boy" for the national media's desire for ND to be relevant again. When they got the #1 ranking it was a joke and everyone got to see that they were a joke in the NC game. He completely disappeared in that game, looked slow and lost. That's my biggest beef with college football, I find it hard to believe that T'eo was the best LB in college when players like Jarvis Jones were out there too.

I think he was the "poster boy" for the national media's desire for ND to be relevant again. When they got the #1 ranking it was a joke and everyone got to see that they were a joke in the NC game. He completely disappeared in that game, looked slow and lost. That's my biggest beef with college football, I find it hard to believe that T'eo was the best LB in college when players like Jarvis Jones were out there too.

This times 1000. Notre Dame 2012 - The year that Hype almost won the national championship.

I touched on this when i started looking up 3-4 defenses

The scheme tht bob diaco runs is ILB Friendly. Hes been tutored in the scheme the last 3 years so i think hes looked good because of it. However scheme cant protect u against better opponents....hence y he looked so.bad in the bama game

I said he was overrated then...and the bama game revealed him for wat he really was

This is absolutely 100% spot on. Manti Teo looked like a boy among men during the National Title. He just obviously was not as good an athlete as ANYONE on the Bama squad.
I said he looked like a fourth rounder during that game. Throw in his now suspect size (much smaller than advertised) and speed, and he could fall even farther.

Nevermind all the stupid fake gf/Catfish stuff. I actually feel kind of bad for him on that issue. If you listen to the voicemails, it DOES sound like a female on the other end of the phone. Not to sound old, but young people these days do not understand that facebook/texting does NOT equal real life....

I don't follow college ball much, so I found that Notre Dame played four ranked teams over the course of the season: Oklahoma, Stanford, Michigan, and Alabama. (Michigan was not ranked in the coaches' poll.) The only one they beat handily was Oklahoma, 30-13. Stanford was a 20-13 win in OT. They beat Michigan 13-6. Bama steamrolled them 42-14, in a "championship" game that maybe shouldn't have been. Non-ranked teams held their own against ND as well. Purdue lost by 3, as did BYU and Pittsburgh. So, my point is, was this guy really the best LB in the nation in 2012, or did he just face a lot of inferior talent? I would definitely take him off my "first round" board, especially if his only good games were against inferior teams. That's what I don't like about college football. Team A schedules a few cupcakes, and players get to pad their stats.

Just so everyone knows, notre dames offense was atrocious.

Their defense was the only bright spot except for their tight end and teo was the best player on one of the best defenses in the nation

Even in his highly criticized national championship game he still had 10 tackles

The 40 yard dash isn't a great measurement for most players and mike mayock admittedly had him predicted to only run a 4.75 so he wasn't that slow

I wouldn't look too much into the negative criticisms

He's a good football player that's had a lot of negative attention as of late...but don't discount his career because he's had some things go wrong recently

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom