Manti Te'o runs a 4.81 forty... (1 Viewer)

Man, this guy is just falling off the map. Was he so good because they faced so many inferior teams? That can happen in college. I mean, the guy won the Butkus Award for being the best LB in college football this past year. I keep thinking to myself that he absolutely stunk in the Senior Bowl, which is against top players. I'm going to look up ND's opponents and see if I can get a handle on this.

John Harbaugh is unimpressed

harbaughhatesteo.gif

teocat.gif

Give me a couple weeks of training and I could run that..

In all seriousness though, forty doesn't mean all that much. The more important figure would be the 10 yard dash and cone drill. How many linebackers have to run forty yards?

Give me a couple weeks of training and I could run that..

In all seriousness though, forty doesn't mean all that much. The more important figure would be the 10 yard dash and cone drill. How many linebackers have to run forty yards?

all too often on this defense the past few years
:covri:

I don't follow college ball much, so I found that Notre Dame played four ranked teams over the course of the season: Oklahoma, Stanford, Michigan, and Alabama. (Michigan was not ranked in the coaches' poll.) The only one they beat handily was Oklahoma, 30-13. Stanford was a 20-13 win in OT. They beat Michigan 13-6. Bama steamrolled them 42-14, in a "championship" game that maybe shouldn't have been. Non-ranked teams held their own against ND as well. Purdue lost by 3, as did BYU and Pittsburgh. So, my point is, was this guy really the best LB in the nation in 2012, or did he just face a lot of inferior talent? I would definitely take him off my "first round" board, especially if his only good games were against inferior teams. That's what I don't like about college football. Team A schedules a few cupcakes, and players get to pad their stats.

Man, this guy is just falling off the map. Was he so good because they faced so many inferior teams? That can happen in college. I mean, the guy won the Butkus Award for being the best LB in college football this past year. I keep thinking to myself that he absolutely stunk in the Senior Bowl, which is against top players. I'm going to look up ND's opponents and see if I can get a handle on this.

I touched on this when i started looking up 3-4 defenses

The scheme tht bob diaco runs is ILB Friendly. Hes been tutored in the scheme the last 3 years so i think hes looked good because of it. However scheme cant protect u against better opponents....hence y he looked so.bad in the bama game

I said he was overrated then...and the bama game revealed him for wat he really was

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom